Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kennel experiment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Although there are cracks, most hotels ban pets including my wife's three dogs. So we augmented "dog mode" with flyers on the windows:
kenel_010.jpg

There are three dogs in this image.

Sad to say, I did not have a 30A plug that works at this RV park so I was stuck using a 12A 120VAC circuit. Even though there was only a 10F temperature difference, the battery drain slowed but was still there. Needing at least 50 mi battery range, I drove from Vicksburg MS to Jackson MS and back to park the car with 144 mi EV range at 2 AM:
kenel_020.jpg
kenel_030.jpg

It really needs more power to sustain and add battery capacity.

The Vicksburg RV park used a round, 30A socket which my Tesla NEMA 14-50 and NEMA 14-30 to NEMA 14-50 connector would not work. It isn't clear there is a standard RV park, 30A socket:
kenel_040.jpg

At the LaQuinta with a Tesla distribution EVSE, everything worked perfectly. The dogs were happy; the car was charged, and; everything worked great.

Bob Wilson

Last edited:
^^Not sure about the one listed above. Does anyone have first hand experience with it?

These definitely work:

Charging at an RV park with a 50A outlet

Charging at an RV park with a 50A outlet

Some of the posts in your linked thread have good info, the adapter I posted above is dumb and requires you to know to turn the charging current down to compensate. Sounds like some of the other adapters in your thread take care of that automatically and may be better depending on the user.

Last edited:
Just my 2 cents but you probably shouldn't have included your name and personal cel in the pic
I'm not terribly worried about it. We've adopted the practice of answering calls from known contacts. Our carrier, T-Mobile has a blocking service that appears to be very effective including robot-calls. If they leave a bad message, they join my unblocked, SPAM99 list. I don't block them since I can ignore them just as easily.
he doesn't care. same guy who's thinks falling asleep constantly at the wheel is ok because of autopilot...
Thanks for the reminder! My signature has a link to the source article with the facts and data. If you have family or friends with a sleeping disorder, feel free to pass the link to them.

Bob Wilson

Thought you blocked me...guess you enjoy it
I did at first because in the past, the usual pests are small numbers. Then I realized this is an opportunity to brag on Tesla AutoPilot for those with sleeping disorders other medical issues. Given how many Americans have gotten overweight, sleep apnea is a growing risk:

The signs and symptoms of obstructive and central sleep apneas overlap, sometimes making it difficult to determine which type you have. The most common signs and symptoms of obstructive and central sleep apneas include:
  • Loud snoring
  • Episodes in which you stop breathing during sleep — which would be reported by another person
  • Gasping for air during sleep
  • Awakening with a dry mouth
  • Morning headache
  • Difficulty staying asleep (insomnia)
  • Excessive daytime sleepiness (hypersomnia)
  • Difficulty paying attention while awake
  • Irritability
Given your ignorance, this is a perfect opportunity to brag about AutoPilot and how it makes them safer drivers. For the facts and data, I've included a link to the facts and data in my original posting.

Bob Wilson

Last edited:
Thought you blocked me...guess you enjoy it
Just for you, I've added a posting describing how screening for sleep disorders is conducted:
Autopilot saved our lives

Given your ignorance, you might take the test . . . sharing the score is not required. But my last sleep doctor score, under CPAP therapy, was 5. Without out CPAP, I am sure it would be much worse. How about you, my frienemy? After all, you instigated this post.

Bob Wilson

I did at first because in the past, the usual pests are small numbers. Then I realized this is an opportunity to brag on Tesla AutoPilot for those with sleeping disorders other medical issues. Given how many Americans have gotten overweight, sleep apnea is a growing risk:

The signs and symptoms of obstructive and central sleep apneas overlap, sometimes making it difficult to determine which type you have. The most common signs and symptoms of obstructive and central sleep apneas include:
  • Loud snoring
  • Episodes in which you stop breathing during sleep — which would be reported by another person
  • Gasping for air during sleep
  • Awakening with a dry mouth
  • Morning headache
  • Difficulty staying asleep (insomnia)
  • Excessive daytime sleepiness (hypersomnia)
  • Difficulty paying attention while awake
  • Irritability
Given your ignorance, this is a perfect opportunity to brag about AutoPilot and how it makes them safer drivers. For the facts and data, I've included a link to the facts and data in my original posting.

Bob Wilson
If you think that you’ll be under a semi truck at some point. Autopilot is not FSD. You need to be alert and ready to take control. If you can’t safely do that you shouldn’t be driving.

Reactions: Burrito
In RV park lingo:
"50 amp" = NEMA 14-50 (240/120v, 50 amp)
"30 amp" = TT-30 (120v, 30 amp)
"20 amp" = NEMA 5-20 (120v, 20 amp)

The evseadapters TT-30 adapter works well. Automagically sets the amperage to 24, etc. An additional useful adapter to carry is the 5-20 adapter from Tesla. Some hotel/motel parking areas have 5-20 receptacles, so it is handy to take full advantage of them.