Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kenriko Chrome Delete Kit: Show off your tips and pictures here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm jealous of all the people that ordered Kenriko's kit. I slept through the initial release (darn those kids for wearing me out!), but I'm so indecisive and I'm not sure if I want the Satin or Matrix. I'm also not sure which car I want to do it on...the white or the blue? I don't think my husband wants it on both cars...he's not against the chrome delete, but he also doesn't mind the chrome.

I'm a huge DIY-er, but for some reason I'm scared of messing this up. Please feel free to post all your tips and pictures here.

If the kit is cheap why not. What do you have to lose. I personally would screw it up so I paid to have mine done. I went to someone who charged $300 in the Bay Area which is very cheap considering some places want $700-$1200. Mine looks ok but I’m ok with that.

Reactions: Nocturnal
If the kit is cheap why not. What do you have to lose. I personally would screw it up so I paid to have mine done. I went to someone who charged $300 in the Bay Area which is very cheap considering some places want $700-$1200. Mine looks ok but I’m ok with that.

$300 is crazy cheap considering most shops in CA like to charge north of $1000 for Tesla Chrome Deletes.

I'm jealous of all the people that ordered Kenriko's kit. I slept through the initial release (darn those kids for wearing me out!), but I'm so indecisive and I'm not sure if I want the Satin or Matrix. I'm also not sure which car I want to do it on...the white or the blue? I don't think my husband wants it on both cars...he's not against the chrome delete, but he also doesn't mind the chrome.

I'm a huge DIY-er, but for some reason I'm scared of messing this up. Please feel free to post all your tips and pictures here.

The kit comes with extras for the majority of the pieces. If you have not already I'd recommend wrapping your console. The mirrors are a bit harder than a console wrap and I'd say the rest of the pieces are easier so it's a good baseline to start from

The kit comes with extras for the majority of the pieces. If you have not already I'd recommend wrapping your console. The mirrors are a bit harder than a console wrap and I'd say the rest of the pieces are easier so it's a good baseline to start from

My husband and I have done 4 consoles already. 2 from RPM (we bought these before yours were available), 1 from you, and 1 from your free template!! Thanks so much for all the hard work you put into this. I always recommend your console wraps whenever we meet someone with a Model 3. I am using your door handle template today to cut some clear PPF for door handles. The kids have been complaining about how hot they are.

I think we are just indecisive more than anything.

My husband and I have done 4 consoles already. 2 from RPM, 1 from you, and 1 from your free template!! Thanks so much for all the hard work you put into this. I always recommend your console wraps whenever we meet someone with a Model 3. I am using your door handle template today to cut some clear PPF for door handles. The kids have been complaining about how hot they are.

I think we are just indecisive more than anything.

In that case, I think you'll be fine.

It's hard to tell from your photo is your car White or Silver? Satin Chrome Delete on White looks nice, you can find photos of it by searching for "Stormtrooper Model 3" in Google.

In that case, I think you'll be fine.

It's hard to tell from your photo is your car White or Silver? Satin Chrome Delete on White looks nice, you can find photos of it by searching for "Stormtrooper Model 3" in Google.

We have Pearl White and Deep Blue. I want the satin on the white (we have white door handle wraps already), but the husband says he likes the satin on the blue. I know we can solve this by getting 2 kits. hahaha.

Reactions: Kenriko
Door trims done! First of all big thanks to @kenriko for putting this kit together. If anyone is on the fence...just order it! The chrome delete is a bit harder (to perfect) but I think if you can do the center console there’s no reason you can’t do the chrome delete. I’m a perfectionist and I’d say I’m 95-98% satisfied with my install....which I kinda rushed. If I were to do it again I think I could probably get it closer to 100%.

Couple tips. When you install the door trims. I found it easier to align if I pulled on it as I was putting it down. BUT if you pull/stretch too hard you’ll stretch it too much. I didn’t perfect it until the third door. (I have high standards lol) You can always stretch it towards the end if you didn’t stretch it enough. Also it took some time, trial and error to get the top/bottom alignments for all the pieces. With the bottom door pieces, there is more room to tuck on the top of the trim..under the window rubber strip than there is on the bottom of the trim.

With the long top trim piece...if you don’t leave enough overlap on top....and there isn’t enough material to tuck under the rubber strip... it’s harder to get it perfectly flush (2nd and third pic)...which is the most visible part of that trim. Being able to tuck it there gives a super clean look.

The back “V” piece....I found easier to start with the V corner and than work out from there...as this gives you a better/easier fit in that corner.

E5FA39C3-D17B-48CF-AA26-59A51610D94E.jpeg
EF4A2BB2-9E49-4DB6-8918-6DCF3D8AB385.jpeg
F422601D-F1CC-4C34-B288-03BD1029F5D7.jpeg
87AA3E04-E27B-49B0-8550-D5345EE5F4EA.jpeg

0BC389C7-FFB3-436D-91CD-5887E386D2BC.jpeg

9EA949EA-148F-4401-A21E-7594D07BB22D.jpeg

@N54TT That looks so good!! I also love your wheels. I can't wait to see the finished look. Thanks for the tips, it's exactly what I was hoping people would share.
I ordered my satin kit last night. However, I don't think we will have time to actually install anything until October. :( I want to have 2 days free just so I don't feel rushed and can take my time to over analyze everything I'm doing. :D

Looks good and I love the wheels. In NY and no front plate? Kudos.... ;)

OttoStick magnetic plate holder!! Just pop it off for car wash and pics!!

@N54TT That looks so good!! I also love your wheels. I can't wait to see the finished look. Thanks for the tips, it's exactly what I was hoping people would share.
I ordered my satin kit last night. However, I don't think we will have time to actually install anything until October. :( I want to have 2 days free just so I don't feel rushed and can take my time to over analyze everything I'm doing. :D

Honestly it probably took me as long or longer to foam wash the car/wheels lol. I’m going to take my time doing the side mirrors another weekend....since that seems to be a bit more intricate.

UPDATE on top trim piece. If you have a section that isn’t long enough to completely tuck...as my post above. You need to heat it up quite a bit. I thought I was heating it enough. But with Kenriko’s advice of making sure it’s 180deg....I went back at it and heated it up longer and held it down until it cooled off. Hair dryer might not be hot enough. I used an embosser heat gun, making sure not to get it too close and over heat it. A proper heat gun would probably be the best to use if you have one. It seem to be holding now. If it stays down...change my install satisfaction to 98-99% lol

Last edited:
Keriko Black Matrix:

1.jpg 2.jpg
5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg
8.jpg 10.jpg 12.jpg
13.jpg 15.jpg

Tips:

1- The paper backing is a great tool not only when folded up, but also a single small piece loosely behind the film helps wedge it into tight spaces preventing it from sticking and also keeping its form.

2- A business card is another great tool. Unlike the plastic razors or a normal credit card, it has enough rigidity to help maneuver the film but will bend/fold before damaging the film. Also thinner than either of the above so useful in areas like door handles, etc.

3- The mirrors were not nearly as difficult as one might assume (attribute this to kit design and quality)

4- The small rear triangle glass gasket can be pulled up the tuck the film underneath (though Kenriko's videos don't call this out, I stumbled on it by accident and it made a cleaner line).

5- Black Matrix or Satin? I know a lot of people are on the fence and can't decide. It was a bit of a gamble going with Matrix but I'm sooooo glad I did. Pictures don't do it justice; the Matrix looks so cool in person. So I say go for it, you be glad you did!

Last edited:
Keriko Black Matrix:

View attachment 443777 View attachment 443778
View attachment 443782 View attachment 443802 View attachment 443800
View attachment 443791 View attachment 443792 View attachment 443793
View attachment 443794 View attachment 443801

Tips:

1- The paper backing is a great tool not only when folded up, but also a single small piece helps wedge the film into tight spaces preventing it from sticking and also keeping its form.

2- A business card is another great tool. Unlike the plastic razors or a normal credit card, it has enough rigidity to help maneuver the film but will bend/fold before damaging the film. Also skinnier than either of the above so useful in areas like door handles, etc.

3- The mirrors were not nearly as difficult as one might assume (attribute this to kit design and quality)

4- The small rear triangle glass gasket can be pulled up the tuck the film underneath (though Kenriko's videos don't call this out, I stumbled on it by accident and it made a cleaner line).
Looks great

Installed black matrix on MSM yesterday. I will definitely need to redo the mirrors since there are some folds since it was really difficult. Took me about 5 hours - but I recommend 6+ hours to do a good job. Heat gun and clay bar are 100% needed. My friend did it at the same time as me with satin black. It seems black matrix is a bit forgiving vs satin which is a bit more flexible.

@Kenriko I might reach out to you to get a replacement passenger T1 - Im not sure if my piece was cut too short, but it could not reach all the way to the edge and I had to cover it with some spare black matrix material I had - which likely isnt good for long term survivability.

Didn't really get any time to admire it, so took a quick picture in the garage. Black matrix is definitely cool and unique, especially up close. Will take outdoor, sunlight pics later. Dont mind my curb rash -_-

Attachments

• 2019-08-19.jpg
    2019-08-19.jpg
    474.9 KB · Views: 1,143
Reactions: SoCalMom
Keriko Black Matrix:

View attachment 443777 View attachment 443778
View attachment 443782 View attachment 443802 View attachment 443800
View attachment 443791 View attachment 443792 View attachment 443793
View attachment 443794 View attachment 443801

Tips:

1- The paper backing is a great tool not only when folded up, but also a single small piece loosely behind the film helps wedge it into tight spaces preventing it from sticking and also keeping its form.

2- A business card is another great tool. Unlike the plastic razors or a normal credit card, it has enough rigidity to help maneuver the film but will bend/fold before damaging the film. Also thinner than either of the above so useful in areas like door handles, etc.

5- Black Matrix or Satin? I know a lot of people are on the fence and can't decide. It was a bit of a gamble going with Matrix but I'm sooooo glad I did. Pictures don't do it justice; the Matrix looks so cool in person. So I say go for it, you be glad you did!

Nice preview for me, same color car, same wheels, matrix black in the mail. Looks great.