Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kevin's "data"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Personally, I'm interested in the motives behind the people that attacked the NYT.
Just like the other side is interested in the motives for that article which reeks of "agenda".

Kevin, you obviously have done a whole lot for the EV community, and most here appreciate that. The thing that I find odd is the recent hate for Tesla. Tesla has made quite a few mistakes, some which could cost them dearly, but one thing they need credit for is engineering/building the BEST EV and charging infastructure. No other EV comes even close to a Tesla, and their charging speed and connector design is also light years ahead of the other crappy standards/cars.

Shouldn't we see the same stock holdings for Broder and the editor? Is that required for each article now?
Saying the sole fact that being a stock holder when you are not in a position of power is laughable at best. If someone was a government regulator or running for head of DOE then yes, it makes sense. Again, someone could tell the truth on everything but lie about owning stock. How would the community take care of that person unless their financial advisor posted here that they were lying?

How do you know what my 'truth' is?
I don't... the nature of your post inferred to me that you support the NYT conspiracy theory and that's why I responded in that way... that's all :smile:

- - - Updated - - -

Just like the other side is interested in the motives for that article which reeks of "agenda".
I respect that opinion but don't agree with it sorry.

Kevin, you obviously have done a whole lot for the EV community, and most here appreciate that.
Thank-you, I appreciate that, but if I don't sound like a politician it's really down to having a great team!

The thing that I find odd is the recent hate for Tesla.
No hate for Tesla here! Indeed given that I spend several days a week promoting EV's with my Tesla that is plainly not true.

Tesla has made quite a few mistakes, some which could cost them dearly, but one thing they need credit for is engineering/building the BEST EV and charging infastructure.
I do agree that Tesla has developed some amazing technology. I don't think the Model S is the best use of that technology today but I think we've all done that topic to death in the past so probably don't want to revisit it here. I don't think the SuperChargers are that important today because we will be unable to replace the ICE "Road Trip" experience for many years and IMO should focus our efforts on what EV's do well today. I fully understand that many Tesla fans disagree with this :smile:

No other EV comes even close to a Tesla, and their charging speed and connector design is also light years ahead of the other crappy standards/cars.
I respect that opinion but don't completely agree... sorry!

- - - Updated - - -

Shouldn't we see the same stock holdings for Broder and the editor? Is that required for each article now?
Absolutely and that sort of disclosure is common practice.

Last edited:
The basic assumption of this thread seems to be that people are motivated solely by money. I'm sure some people are, but I'm also pretty sure that is a small minority of the population.

If some here are shareholders, has it occurred to you that this might be the effect, not the cause, of their interest in Tesla?

In the interests of fu ll disclosure: Tesla once gave me a keyring, pen and a t-shirt.

I also own four Roadsters. From Hotwheels.
Sure we can all be silly and then everyone will stop contributing to the thread... is that what you want?

- - - Updated - - -

The basic assumption of this thread seems to be that people are motivated solely by money
That's not my motivation personally and certainly not what I thought the thread was about.

My original comments related to a question that I posed "do you have any idea which stock holders are most prevalent in these threads or the external campaigns against the NYT and Mr Broder?" and I've been interested in this topic for the last 18 months or so.

If some here are shareholders, has it occurred to you that this might be the effect, not the cause, of their interest in Tesla?
For some that is undoubtedly true!

- - - Updated - - -

So now I have to go and make a presentation to my local air quality strategy board about Charging Stations at railway stations.... as always I'll be giving councillors rides in the Roadster and here's an image that I use to finish my talk :wink:

Image_Tesla_Model_S.jpg

ttfn!

Last edited:
Kevin, I intend to change my user name to be more anonymous because I don't like that you said you hired someone to "research" the members of this club with a view to figuring out whether they have undisclosed motives for praising Tesla or disagreeing with critics. That is not in the spirit of a forum that is supposed to be for enthusiasts. It is my opinion that you crossed a line and are now less credible.

This is crazy. If someone's making reasonable points, I don't care who they are, what positions they hold or what they own.

The line of reasoning and its validity stands on its own, independent of the person or persons making the point.

If someone is consistently distorting facts and shows a consistent bias, I might then look to see if ulterior motives exist.

As for me, I have a background in journalism of sorts from my college days. I've always considered the NY Times to be one of the top three newspapers in the US. Broder is clearly guilty of very sloppy journalism and I'm confident the editors at the NYT have told him that in no uncertain terms.