Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Key fob battery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny you should mention this. I just took delivery of my car a few short weeks ago and yes my battery died yesterday while I was out. Luckily I had my iphone App and could open and start the car but was surprised that the battery would die after such a short time. My Model S battery would last a lot longer. I never store my battery close to the car so this is pretty surprising.

Your battery may not actually have died. The fob's themselves have an issue and get confused. I had to keep taking my battery out and reinserting it every few weeks. Nothing wrong with the battery.

They have reprogrammed the fob's but it has only been a few weeks so too early to tell if they have actually fixed it yet.

One of my two Fobs battery died after only 9 weeks. Interesting, it is the one I don't use regularly and it is stored even farther away from the MX than the one I use every day! Worries me enough that I'm keeping an extra battery inside the key fob silicon holder for emergencies.

Reactions: Fiddler