Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Keyfob unrecognized

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ngng

Jul 23, 2018
Bay Area
Has anybody else had their car randomly decide to not recognize the keyfob? I know the batteries are brand new, so that's no the case. I tried holding the key in the rear, lower door sill area. No dice. Finally popped the battery out and reset the keyfob and it worked again. Very odd.

Has anybody else had their car randomly decide to not recognize the keyfob? I know the batteries are brand new, so that's no the case. I tried holding the key in the rear, lower door sill area. No dice. Finally popped the battery out and reset the keyfob and it worked again. Very odd.
Only had the issue after a 'car show' where the doors/hatch were open for an extended period. Coincidence likely.
Did you, by chance, test your battery voltage even tho you said it was new? I've gotten bad (old) ones before that were lower than expected.
Do FOBs 'reset' when the battery is out? More likely the car stopped seeing it and then started seeing it again (Bluetooth identification).
Good video on proper location outside and then inside at about 1 minute in. (Good refresher for met too.)

Only had the issue after a 'car show' where the doors/hatch were open for an extended period. Coincidence likely.
Did you, by chance, test your battery voltage even tho you said it was new? I've gotten bad (old) ones before that were lower than expected.
Do FOBs 'reset' when the battery is out? More likely the car stopped seeing it and then started seeing it again (Bluetooth identification).
Good video on proper location outside and then inside at about 1 minute in. (Good refresher for met too.)

5uD0H2d.jpg
En6ubGC.jpg