Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Keyless entry using iPhone issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are the existing threads on this topic not good enough? Dozens if not hundreds of posts over several months discussing every aspect of this problem.

It's only going to get worse as more and more new owners come aboard and realize what a lot of us have known for a while--that phone key is unreliable and not all it's cracked up to be. What amuses me is how almost everyone who starts a new topic makes it sound like they've discovered a bug that no one else knows about. I wish the mods would be more active in merging these posts.

Reactions: dusdev
To be fair, it seems folks have higher success rates with iPhones than Android phones. Separate threads are probably justified considering the massive technological differences between those two platforms.
Am sure actually app developers could explain the reasons why.

FWIW I’ve owned my car for well over 2 months now. I’ve had to pull my phone out of my pocket less than 5 times in over 150+ individual trips. Half of those times were because I’d turned my phone to airplane mode to conserve battery while at work. iPhone X in my front pocket with a leather wallet phone case.