Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

KICK mats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, can anyone recommend kick mats that are compatible/look good with M3?

We got our car today :));)!!!!) and our toddler kicked the back seat none stop this afternoon, she thought it’s funny. The more we said stop the more she kicked and laughed. It was infuriating. The back of the seat is full of dusty marks of shoes. Sigh....

One more question, are the brakes supposed to feel hard- not as responsive? Or is it because they are new and will need braking in?
I quickly did a search on here and I found someone complaining about the same thing. He was told to let regen braking work etc... I just want to know that’s it’s normal before I get in touch with Tesla.

PS:
Re delivery, they rang us yesterday and they asked what day/time is convenient, so we said we are happy to collect tomorrow. Sounds like they were flexible on the choice of delivery days. Then we received a confirmation email for the agreed on delivery date for Birmingham.
They said they are working flat out delivering 30-50 cars a day at their centre.
So to all who are waiting - don’t give up. It will happen!
Delivery was very smooth and the gentleman who delivered our car was very helpful and courteous.

Are we nearly there yet?? Congratulations on the new car, I’d recommend relatively cheap kick mats with deep pockets and putting some underlay or towels in the pocket.

Alternatively an iPad holder and peppa pig or similar on a loop calms a kicking child until they nod off.

I think the whole brakes / regen / unexpected auto pilot speed "adjustments" thing takes some getting used to. I was picking up at Birmingham yesterday morning too and although the car is lovely to drive (and I had a grin on my face all the way home), I'm not yet a smoooooth driver. So I'd say too soon to tell!

How about pulling a pair of Dad's socks over the top of daughter's shoes?

S

I ordered these a few months ago and were very happy. They are pretty much unnoticeable, which is what I was looking for.

My issue was a baby seat rubbing on the seat back when people sometimes moved the front seat. The clips used with these covers keep it in place, but im not sure how they would stand up to toddler kicks.

If anyone want to take a look, few free to stop by London SE21. Also, I only used 1 out of the 2, so I have a single cover available.

Hi everyone, can anyone recommend kick mats that are compatible/look good with M3?

We got our car today :));)!!!!) and our toddler kicked the back seat none stop this afternoon, she thought it’s funny. The more we said stop the more she kicked and laughed. It was infuriating. The back of the seat is full of dusty marks of shoes. Sigh....

One more question, are the brakes supposed to feel hard- not as responsive? Or is it because they are new and will need braking in?
I quickly did a search on here and I found someone complaining about the same thing. He was told to let regen braking work etc... I just want to know that’s it’s normal before I get in touch with Tesla.

PS:
Re delivery, they rang us yesterday and they asked what day/time is convenient, so we said we are happy to collect tomorrow. Sounds like they were flexible on the choice of delivery days. Then we received a confirmation email for the agreed on delivery date for Birmingham.
They said they are working flat out delivering 30-50 cars a day at their centre.
So to all who are waiting - don’t give up. It will happen!
Delivery was very smooth and the gentleman who delivered our car was very helpful and courteous.
The brakes do feel different.

When I had my first test drive, I though the brakes were not up to power of the car. But that may have been a combination of not properly bedded in, in the test drive car.

I now have my own 3LR, the brakes have been bedded in properly and used hard on a few occasions. They are great. They do feel different still - for sure they feel harder, but stopping distance is fine.

One thing to watch is brake temperature. i.e if you are on a drive and are using regen then the discs will be cold. When you do come to use them they won't be at temperature so brake performance won't be as good from cold. Just something to bear in mind - if you're going for a spirited drive, then worth warming them up a bit first!

Reactions: Llama.
I ordered these a few months ago and were very happy. They are pretty much unnoticeable, which is what I was looking for.

My issue was a baby seat rubbing on the seat back when people sometimes moved the front seat. The clips used with these covers keep it in place, but im not sure how they would stand up to toddler kicks.

If anyone want to take a look, few free to stop by London SE21. Also, I only used 1 out of the 2, so I have a single cover available.

Those look nice - the toddler kick mats ones I'd been considering online didn't look elegant with the Tesla's headrests. Guessing you went for black... red might work for us given our car is red. I will have to seek spousal approval ;)

One thing to watch is brake temperature. i.e if you are on a drive and are using regen then the discs will be cold. When you do come to use them they won't be at temperature so brake performance won't be as good from cold. Just something to bear in mind - if you're going for a spirited drive, then worth warming them up a bit first!
Unless track focussed non standard pads are fitted this really shouldn’t be an issue. Road car brakes are designed to operate from cold.