Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kudos to Tesla for not being a nanny state

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have thought about this at times due to frustration with other cars I drive at times. Most if not all other car makers have those annoying "safety" features restricting usage while driving. Example: My 2008 Yukon would not let ANY searches on the NAV while moving. This was 2008 but it has not changed in 2017. My wife's 2016 Lexus restricts the same but also some other controls as well. I can not select memory 2 (my setting) once I take it out of Park, or change the setting. I applaud Tesla for freeing up the controls. I can enter a location, search for songs, change driver setting etc..... This may seem small but sometimes the little things mean a lot.

An aside: A friend who I have not seen in a while was blown away by my S. He knew so little about Tesla and EV's . It was a reminder that many people out there do not see the EV revolution coming their way. Hard to believe I know but I guess most don't spend time on TMC :)