TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Lacewood interior photos?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by ddruz, Jan 11, 2013.

1. ddruz

ddruz Member

Anyone received a car with lacewood interior who mind posting some pictures? I've done the site search and scoured the threads and there are very few photos around. Thanks!

2. grisnjam

grisnjam P6316

Here are all the Lacewood photos I collected with trying to decide on an interior:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/griswell/sets/72157632492063041/

I hope that helps. The wife recommend I go with matte Obeche (Silver with Gray Leather) so I did :)

3. ddruz

ddruz Member

4. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

I've got the tan with lacewood, but have sort of neglected my duties to photograph the interior. And now it's dirty and starting to fill up with my usual junk. I do love the choice of tan and lacewood, I think the lacewood is just beautiful, the texture is unique but natural and warm. The tan is a nice shade, IMO. Some concern about how much dirt and such it will show from my kids over time, but it is just beautiful to look at.
    I do have a few shots on my flickr page, the main interior shots are below, but you may find others where you can see the interior through a window or open door as well:
    Collection: Tesla
    8264632591_e6c8fa1460_c.jpg
    Tesla Gallery by efusco, on Flickr
    8265701618_33b11eb17e_c.jpg
    8265702330_da5d20203d_c.jpg
    8264634535_900a552067_c.jpg
    8265703576_965735713a_c.jpg

5. smd

smd Member

:biggrin: I'm very happy with my tan and lacewood interior as well! The lacewood is a textured matte finish, so I never get any fingerprints, even though I enjoy running my fingers over the texture.

6. nrcooled

nrcooled P#8946 VIN 03225

^^^Same here. I did the tan and lacewood combo and I love it. Fair warning: Everyone that gets in the car immediately says "ooooh" and then runs their fingers along the lacewood.

It's very distinctive and the fact that it is real wood really shows on the lacewood (this is not a slam to any other MS trim option just a comment to other manufacturers wood looking fake)

7. johnnyS

johnnyS Member

We have the gray leather with the lacewood. The lacewood is attractive and unusual. The gray is very light and looks great with the lacewood. The gray interior with silver exterior with 21" silver wheels is a great combination.

8. William13

William13 Member

I choose the lacewood as it is unique and doesn't show finger prints. It's texture is the only wood with texture that I have ever seen in a car.

9. Bound466

Bound466 Member

I also have the tan and lacewood. Awesome combination. Efusco's pictures are good representations of it. There is a 3D effect to it though that is really cool. And like other's mentioned, matte is the way to go for no fingerprints. What I would add is that the matte is so deeply colored, I don't see where there is a need to gloss it up. It just looks handsome. Sort of masculine in fact. Definitely different, but still very rich looking. For me and my wife, we are very happy with our decision there.

10. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

Black with lacewood on our performance version here. Don't regret it at all. Chose it over the carbon fiber and still think it was the better choice.

11. CanuckS#69

CanuckS#69 Member

Do the rest of you that have Lacewood interiors actually have Lacewood that looks like the pictures at the start of this thread? Mine doesn't have the same contrast pattern, but is more muted in texture and colour. I'll try to remember to snap a pic to show the difference.

12. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

Some of that may be photographic technique and lighting. My shots, for example, were with low tangential light that really highlighted the texture and created more contrast and I used a shallow depth of field to make sure that the texture was highlighted. That said, this is natural wood and it would not be at all surprising to see significant variation in texture and contrast from sample to sample since no two trees will be the same, nor even cuts from the same tree.

13. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

Agreed; mine doesn't have the same visual interest as the pic. Frankly, I'm a little disappointed with the appearance; not enough contrast in the particular pieces in my car.