Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lane departure question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do I test whether the Lane departure assist works? I have it switched on and I tested on the road (a very quiet road and made sure it was safe and no one was around) and I tried to drift across to the on coming traffic lane without indicating and it didn’t give any warning sounds.
Is something faulty or is this normal?

This is in the UK. I’m not sure if some features are limited here.

A33127E9-E218-49A0-9970-491893DBB4C6.jpeg
I did that. Yet nothing.
By the way these are my settings- attached pic

Also switch to Assist and see if it "nudges" you back if you try to change lanes without a signal.

^^^^^This.....

By the way...I don’t want to start a big long 50 page diatribe on this like the original....but how is everyone liking ELDA now? There were some CRAZY run ons from certain people, ahem, about how unsafe it was and how you should be able to do this and that and disarm it and yada yada....is it any better for everyone now after .32?

Ski

^^^^^This.....

By the way...I don’t want to start a big long 50 page diatribe on this like the original....but how is everyone liking ELDA now? There were some CRAZY run ons from certain people, ahem, about how unsafe it was and how you should be able to do this and that and disarm it and yada yada....is it any better for everyone now after .32?

Ski

No improvement with .32 can be reported here.

Ski

I started one of the original threads. I have ELDA set to ON now, don't turn it off and LDA set to assist, and don't have a problem with it now.
I personally don't get the problems I had with it when it was first released. That's not to say it's good for everyone, but on the roads I drive regularly, it's fine.

Reactions: Skione65
Another thing that needs to be considered for Lane Departure Assistance is the "lane confidence" that the vehicle has; how well it can make out the lane(s). You can actually see the amount of confidence the system has in accurately demarcating the lanes... glance at the grey lines on both sides of your car occasionally as you drive. You'll notice in areas where the lanes are not clearly marked, the grey gets "dimmer", and when the system can no longer accurately depict the lanes, the lines will disappear completely. If you have an AP car, you'll notice that the little steering wheel icon (that shows up when AP can be engaged) will disappear, too.

If the system isn't confident in how well it "sees" the lanes, it cannot accurately give you lane departure guidance and warnings.