Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lasfit Product Reviews

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Instead of creating a new post, I also wanted to share my long-term experience with the Lasfit floor mats.

Why did I go with Lasfit as opposed to other brands? I previously had Lasfit products in my other vehicles (VW ID.4 and Ford Maverick) - all the products from Lasfit seems to last and high quality; haven't had a single issue with it.

Anyways, the floor mats + trunk mat I have from Lasfit was from early February 2023 and at the time of this post, it's September 2023; so about 7 months in and the mats are definitely holding up. I only vacuum once in a while, but haven't done any full detailing, as in scrubbing it clean and using some protectant to make it look new again.

The Tesla Model 3 is a daily driver, but since it's California, we mostly only get rain ever so often and not much else, so I can't speak for snowy condition people out there, but it's definitely holding up for my area.

The fitment is excellent, simple to install like any other floor mats out there. No fitment issue for sure! No warping or anything after a few months.

Driver side:
Lasfit Mats 01.jpeg

Passenger side:
Lasfit Mats 02.jpeg

Rear passenger:
Lasfit Mats 03.jpeg

Trunk mat:
Lasfit Mats 04.jpeg

Frank mat (rarely use, came at a much later date):
Lasfit Mats 05.jpeg

On top of the mats from Lasfit, I also have the Lasfit wheel cover for the 18 inch wheels since June 2023. Looks great and haven't had any noticeable drop in range based on my driving style.
Lasfit Covers.jpeg

This is my review of the LASFIT no drill Mud Flaps. I will say upfront that they were sent to me at no cost, but did not influence my thoughts on them in any way. Nor did LASFIT ask me to say anything regarding my review.

The first thing I noticed was how well they were packaged. Each piece was in its own bag that was labeled where that piece should go. It was a small gesture but a nice on nonetheless. They also included the bag of rivets.

Putting the piece onto the car was relatively easy. You start by removing the existing plastic rivets installed by Tesla. Using a flat head screwdriver, they popped right off. The mud flaps also have a piece that you must line up with the side of the trip and ensure it locks onto the lip on the edge. This took a little bit of effort, but nothing I would ding them for. In fact, I appreciate it as it will ensure the flap doesn’t bounce around and remains secure to the car.

The flaps line up with the empty holes and you just pop the new ones right in. The one thing that did confuse me a bit was that the new rivets have a Philips slot on the top. I pushed them in a bit then tried to screw them into the car. A normal screwdriver wouldn’t fit so I had to get a small one. It wasn’t until I was screwing for about a minute did I realize that they just pop right in with a little force. Once I knew that it was a breeze putting the remaining flaps in.

The rear mud flaps also require you to remove a screw from underneath the car. I used a 11mm socket and socket wrench to remove it quickly. It took a bit, but again no fault at all to LASFIT. You line up the same clip onto the lip of the trim, and push in the two rivets you removed from the car. You also have to remember to screw the bolt back into the car with the additional hole on the flaps. With the rivets, you just push them in like the front flaps and you are good to go.

I’ve had these for almost a month now and wanted to give it a bit before I gave my opinion on these.

Packaging: These came well packaged and well labeled. Nothing but good things here. 5/5

Installation: Installation was easy once I got the hang of it. The included instructions were well written and illustrated. While I did try to install the rivet the difficult way by screwing instead of pressing, I can’t ding them for that. If anything, it is good to have multiple options. Locking the clip to the lip of the trim was a little tough, but I would much rather it tough and secure than easy and loose. The rear bolt was a nice touch for the rear flaps, ensuring that these will not move or bounce around while driving. 5/5

Real world use: This is a bit difficult to review. These did not rattle around while driving and are completely silent. I can’t tell if they saved any rocks or anything from kicking up, but they are better than nothing.

Overall I can highly recommend these mud flaps. They are an easy, unbiased 5/5.

wanted to update as I finally got around to installing.

The majority of people had some amount of rubbing on the side wall by the accelerator.

Again, these work pretty dang well. The fit is spot on and the aesthetics work well with the car.
Passenger side was easily installed. The driver side could be a bit more involving due to the accelerator pedal being in the way.

I found that keeping the kick pad about half an inch from the fabric and starting by inserting from the top of the foot well is the best way to do this so you’re not having to constantly pull and adjust.

These also work really well with any aftermarket floor mat you have as they don’t impede on the fit and functionality of the floor mats.

You can see the pic with where my other Y has some rubbing going on on the fabric and the other pic showing my fabric on the MYP being saved by the service center. 🙄

Attachments

• IMG_9524.jpeg
    IMG_9524.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_9468.jpeg
    IMG_9468.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_9469.jpeg
    IMG_9469.jpeg
    312.9 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: fsb1
Sup y'all?!

I wanted post to say that I was one of the lucky few who received a Model Y accessory on-the-house from Lastfit and give my honest review of this product.

The item received quickly and was packaged well. Upon opening, I didn't observe the offensive chemical/rubbery odor that can sometimes be present in these types of products. It was to open and access the panels and within a seconds I was ready to install.

This, too, couldn't have been anymore simple. I laid down the 2nd row seats in our 2023 Model Y, lined up the handle trim openings and then simply pressed down to engage the applied hook & loop strips with the carpet. On the 2nd one, I got the alignment off slightly but it was easy to peel up and reapply. 2nd time was a charm! lol

These 2nd row seat covers look great installed! They appear to be made of thick material that both looks and feels well-made. I don't imagine these will have any issues standing up to the use we anticipate them seeing and I'm sure we'll get years of trouble-free use out of them.

Thanks Lasfit!
PXL_20230912_221631128.jpg
PXL_20230912_221640261.jpg

I recently got a set of Lasfit 18" wheel covers to replace the stock aero covers. They're quality, look great, and actually unexpectedly solved a problem for me too... my wheels have been making a ticking sound, and only today when I put the Lasfit wheel covers on did I realize that the ticking sound was actually coming from the OEM aero covers.

The OEM aero covers fit *inside* the rim, and evidently hitting enough potholes and such have likely made my rims slightly out of round, at least that outer most part that the aero covers sit inside of. Well the ticking sound seems to have been flexing of the plastic aero caps. Now with these Lasfit wheel covers, I'm back to a nice quiet ride. W00t!

The Lasfit covers go on the outside and cover the rims... so actually 2 problems solved, because they also cover up all of my curb rash. Additionally they provide protection from new curb rash. You can see how bad mine was in the photos below.

My opinion of these covers is that they are quality. When I first opened one of the boxes and saw foam tape, I was a little concerned, thinking "there's no way these are staying on with tape", but as it turns out the tape is there to further reduce any vibration of the cover. The covers themselves snap on very much like the OEM aero caps... but perhaps even a stronger better fit. I didn't use the tape at all and they certainly aren't going anywhere, but I may go back and put it on in the next few days if I have the time.

They're very lightweight. They look sportier than the OEM aero caps and compliment the look of the Model 3 very well.

Lasfit shipped quickly and also seems to be very communicative on these forums, so that helped me make the decision.

They also say these are more aerodynamic than the OEM aero caps, so bonus range! I don't have any good method for testing that, but I'm happy knowing it's not a range hit like taking the wheel covers off altogether.

One final bonus is that it's easier to identify your car in the crowd. I don't live in an area with too many Teslas, but in some places there are so many that it's easy to not know which car is yours. These wheel covers are a nice differentiator.

One thing to be aware of is that the packaging on the box *does* clearly show that it contains Tesla wheel covers, so if you have issues with package thiefs, you may want to be home for this delivery.

These covers are great! I'm very happy with them. And they're wife approved! Brown-chicken-brown-cow. Photos below.

IMG_20230920_181644116_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230920_181653030_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230920_181632472_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230920_181701809_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230920_181810726.jpg
IMG_20230920_181909001.jpg
IMG_20230920_182830730.jpg
IMG_20230920_182838887.jpg
IMG_20230920_192919263.jpg

LASFIT sent me the side panel kick covers to review.

Here are my initial impressions, as I've just installed them today.

They come folded in the box. I would recommend laying them out and flexing them in the opposite direction of the fold to allow them to be flatter for installation. I left them out for a day to "settle".

As you can see, there are strips of velcro on the back side along the edges and in the middle to secure the panels.
View attachment 970633

I would recommend removing all-weather floor mats before installing these, as you will need to have access to the area where the sidewall meets the floor to align the panel properly.

Another suggestion is to install the passenger side panel first. Since the velcro sticks instantly to the carpeted surface upon contact, it can be a little fiddly to align the top edge, as is suggested in the instructions. Having the accelerator pedal in the way just makes it a slight bit more complicated.

Here is what the side panel looks like as the car comes...

View attachment 970643

I left the floor mat in place for the photo so you can see what I mean about it getting in the way when installing the kick panel.

Here is the panel in place...
View attachment 970644

The fitment is excellent and follows the contour of the side panel precisely. Like I said, it takes a bit of fiddling to get the panel aligned since the velcro sticks aggressively. Patience prevails.

Here's a close up view of the top edge. I think the finish is quite good, and you'd be hard pressed to realize that this is an aftermarket piece in my opinion.

View attachment 970645

I plan to post a follow up in a week or so after I've lived with the kick panels for a while.

However, my initial impression is that they are high quality and precisely fitted to the Model Y. I expect that they will hold up well.

I'd be interested to see what the panels for the door are like, since i find that I will unconsciously push the door open with the edge of my foot sometimes. Certainly my front seat passengers do!

More to come!

In terms of follow up, I have to say I'm very pleased with the product. It's stayed in place and completely blends in with the interior of the car. I have made a few marks on them with my right foot, and they wipe away easily. And it sure better than making marks on the car itself. I would say that, had I paid for them, I would consider them a great value for the money. Overall, excellent product.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Like Lasfit as a vendor for I have their mats
def search for discount codes for you can save a lot

For Uber covers on my M3 19” I did like the Tesla logo center caps, does Lasfit include that?
Rimetrix charges +$16 for the center logos

Can you easily add air without removing the Lasfit covers? My covers from Yeslak have to be removed to reach the valve. :(
Rimetrixs covers don’t have to be removed
I like Rimetrixs value prop vs rhe other manuf and also made in the USA.