Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Last weeks' software updates changed some things, didn't fix others.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

timk225

Mar 24, 2016
Pittsburgh
Once again, Tesla UI engineers failed with a software update. Here's what's wrong or still wrong in my Model 3:

1. No TENTHS digit in the odometer! Still! After 2 years! I want it back! There is no good reason to not display it!

2. The radio now does not start playing the current sound piece over from the very beginning every time you get back in the car. That's good, but what I really said was that I want to be able to turn it off and on as needed. Some things I want to hear again, some I do not.

3. Increased auto headlight annoyance. I kept noticing last week that the headlights were on during a drive even after I was sure I turned them off. I figured it out. It seems that the headlights, even when manually turned off, turn themselves on to Auto when you engage autopilot. I don't like that. It is not needed most of the time, and I don't want my headlights on in the daytime no matter what! Even if I have to break AP to change lanes, the lights go back to Auto when I re-engage it. But I'll show them, I will still manually turn them off each time! I WILL NOT have my headlights on in daytime!!!

Someone forward this to the UI engineers at Tesla, we need to have a video conference so I can tell them what they are doing wrong.

I've noticed a few more things I do not like. The radio controls keep popping up in the bottom left of the screen every time I get in the car, and the Sentry Mode warnings are coming up way too often, whereas they didn't before. Keep the radio controls on the right side of the screen at all times!

I forgot another few things. The Accel / Regen bar at the top left that has always been there for 6 years has disappeared. I liked it. Bring it back!

There needs to be a way to turn off the Sentry Mode notifications that pop up in the bottom left, and I don't like the radio controls constantly appearing in the bottom left.

Once again, Tesla UI engineers failed with a software update. Here's what's wrong or still wrong in my Model 3:

1. No TENTHS digit in the odometer! Still! After 2 years! I want it back! There is no good reason to not display it!

2. The radio now does not start playing the current sound piece over from the very beginning every time you get back in the car. That's good, but what I really said was that I want to be able to turn it off and on as needed. Some things I want to hear again, some I do not.

3. Increased auto headlight annoyance. I kept noticing last week that the headlights were on during a drive even after I was sure I turned them off. I figured it out. It seems that the headlights, even when manually turned off, turn themselves on to Auto when you engage autopilot. I don't like that. It is not needed most of the time, and I don't want my headlights on in the daytime no matter what! Even if I have to break AP to change lanes, the lights go back to Auto when I re-engage it. But I'll show them, I will still manually turn them off each time! I WILL NOT have my headlights on in daytime!!!

Someone forward this to the UI engineers at Tesla, we need to have a video conference so I can tell them what they are doing wrong.
YAY! Another voice crying in the wilderness! I DETEST headlights on in the daytime. When I learned to drive, headlights in the daytime meant am emergency condition existed - taking someone to hospital, whatever.
Daytime Running Lights using headlights are annoying. In fact, some cars will run at night with headlights at half brilliance, but NO TAIL LIGHTS unless the headlights are on. I saw that all the time driving home from work in the middle of the night. I wondered to myself why so many cars had tail light failure...
Ad of course, what few cops on the road ignore them.

Reactions: Skavatar
I haven't seen this yet and it's the biggest annoyance I've found since a recent update:

AutoPilot / Set Speed = Current Speed - this used to engage AP at my current speed, obviously. But now, when I'm on smaller highways, it refuses to engage AP at anything above the posted speed limit. For example, if I'm on a 45 mph road and I'm going 42 mph, engaging AP drives the car at 42 mph, as expected. But I'm going 49 mph, engaging AP sets it to 45 mph and the car quickly slows down by 4 mph. I use the scroll wheel to bump it back up to 49 mph, but then sometimes, not often, it will drop the MAX back down to 45 again. If I'm on a bigger limited access road, it works like it did before, that is, it sets MAX to my current speed.

Reactions: ElectricAnt54
AutoPilot / Set Speed = Current Speed - this used to engage AP at my current speed, obviously. But now, when I'm on smaller highways, it refuses to engage AP at anything above the posted speed limit. For example, if I'm on a 45 mph road and I'm going 42 mph, engaging AP drives the car at 42 mph, as expected. But I'm going 49 mph, engaging AP sets it to 45 mph and the car quickly slows down by 4 mph. I use the scroll wheel to bump it back up to 49 mph, but then sometimes, not often, it will drop the MAX back down to 45 again. If I'm on a bigger limited access road, it works like it did before, that is, it sets MAX to my current speed.

Interesting, my car has been like that for a year or so. I only discovered that behavior because I was experimenting with AP on various roads. I don" t know if that is still the case.