Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest deliveries - what cables are supplied ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

LongRanger

Jan 11, 2020
Wales
Interested to know what the latest UK cars are being supplied with in terms of cable, charger and adaptors.

And will the UMC charger work @ 16amp 240v supply to give a reliable 3.6/3.8kw ? Via the Commando adaptor I assume.

Have limitations on our house for max current draw so planning on 2 charging points, first one on the house for easy access / overnight trickle @ 16A with UMC / Commando, then a beefier one on an outbuilding (not always accessible but has its own electricity supply) @ 32A with a dedicated charge point.

Have been reading various reports of kit changing as standard issue so would be grateful for latest view of what recent deliveries have come with.

Interested to know what the latest UK cars are being supplied with in terms of cable, charger and adaptors.

And will the UMC charger work @ 16amp 240v supply to give a reliable 3.6/3.8kw ? Via the Commando adaptor I assume.

Have limitations on our house for max current draw so planning on 2 charging points, first one on the house for easy access / overnight trickle @ 16A with UMC / Commando, then a beefier one on an outbuilding (not always accessible but has its own electricity supply) @ 32A with a dedicated charge point.

Have been reading various reports of kit changing as standard issue so would be grateful for latest view of what recent deliveries have come with.

The umc will do 32A so installing a suitable supply could be cheaper (caveat is that umc may not be weather proof long term).

My umc came with a uk 3 pin plug only. I am hopeing I will be able to get the commando 16 or 32a for free from Service Centre since they stopped providing it. 10A max from 3pin plug for this type of vehicle is pathetic. I am using an 3year old audi phev lead which came with a commando for a 7kwh battery! 16A who-hoo!

This page shows the cables that should be supplied with the car: Charging Connectors

tesla-cables.jpg

You only get the 13A (10A max charge current) UK plug adaptor for the Mobile Connector with the car. 16A and 32A adapters are available for purchase. They used to be (and might still be?) £32 each with £8.70 for delivery (all inc VAT) from [email protected] (quote your RN or VIN). They are also now available from Tesla's online shop at £43 each :eek: Blue Adapter - 16A/32A

Last edited:
Reactions: LongRanger
When I arranged collection, Tesla confirmed all of the above on the phone.

A type 2 lead is supplied with the car. They were having supplier issues a while ago, which aligns with a number of posts on here, but apparently this has now settled down.

The UMC only comes with the UK 3 pin plug adapter. The 16A blue commando plug is extra, but I'm going to see if there are any at collection before I order one online.

I'm getting an EO charger installed next week at home, but my parents have a couple of 16A sockets on an outside wall, and it's 200 miles each way to visit them, so we'll probably be arriving with a flat battery.