Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest FSD beta issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Latest update of FSD beta caused 2 issues:
1.) unable to set fixed offset speed, only percentage
2.) Before the update, we had 0 fsd beta disabled warning but after the update, we had 2 warnings.

The phantom braking is still not fixed.
Is there a way to revert back to previous update?
1) NHSTA forced Tesla to not allow fixed offset. Too many idiots setting it 20 - 30 mph above posted. Didn’t like folks going 55 in a residential area.
2) No, there’s no way to go back.

you might also have noticed that, thanks to NHSTA your windows will no longer close on exiting and you can’t vent them or close them remotely.

Aside from that, I got 11.3.4 4 days ago from 10.69.25.2. The improvements are incredible. Have done 3 test drives that used to fail at set locations. Now, 3 test drives zero intervention. Handled confusing lane markers with scary orange cones perfectly, navigated 3 different roundabouts with traffic perfectly, did not stop in middle of making an unprotected left turn when another vehicle suddenly showed up, did not go into parking lane to make right turns. Will try highway soon.

11.3.3 is performing terribly on non highway for me. Probably the worst performance since I’ve been in beta a couple of years ago. I ended up making sure cameras were cleaned and resetting the camera calibration, but that has not helped. I’m pretty amazed at the radically different experience folks on this forum are having with this latest beta. Makes me think not all cars have implemented the update in the same way.

On highways, it’s amazing. I’m very impressed.

2.) Before the update, we had 0 fsd beta disabled warning but after the update, we had 2 warnings.

With so many "latest" updates its worth adding what version your car has.

Beta disabled warnings are usually either ignoring the blue flashing displays or using a steering wheel weight.
One new wrinkle is that 11.3.x does seem to be using the camera much more than previous version.

Doing better than I am. Downloaded update. Have fsd autopilot tried using tesla model s 2021 wouldn’t turn on left corner. 2 lane turn using outside lane. Tesla wanted to go straight seen the lane and blue line on screen car keep going straight. Disengaged fsd. Will try again. Maybe I don’t have something turned on. Any ideas comments

I used autopilot for the first time today after getting 11.3.6, and the car made a sudden slow down (a little bit of a braking) on the freeway. There were no cars around me at the time and I was going at 68 mph. All I could think of the reason for the sudden slowdown was the speed limit which probably was 60 at that section of the freeway.
Is there any setting that would prevent it from doing that (which could cause a rear ending accident)? Thanks!

If the limit had dropped to 60 at that point, then sure, the car would slow to 60 plus your % offset (stupid NTSB.) Otherwise, it is just another phantom braking incident. Hit the accelerator when there is obviously no reason.

Perhaps we should always disengage with the stalk and then report “phantom braking“. It is hard to believe this seems to be getting worse after all these years.