Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest iOS update(3.2.2) removed Referral Functionality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone notice this? Anyone know why Tesla would do that? I just got my first referral and was going to check on it...I wonder if it was for privacy reasons as I was able to see the persons full name, the date they ordered and got it delivered...

Isn’t that info still on the website under your account? And as you say, same here. Loot box gone totally. I never used it, being in the wonderful Commonwealth of Virginia, but it’s definitety gone after the last update! :D

I do wonder why, they could be reworking it for mobile because of some privacy issue like you mention? Did mobile show more/different info than the website?

Yep. Back on Android too. Must have been a back-end switch. Maybe they were working on the system and took it offline for the apps for a few hours.

Edit: Annnnnd it's gone! All well. I suppose they're probably working on the system and it'll be back and forth for awhile.

Yeah, the "loot box" in the Tesla app is just a call to a webpage with the data. If the website is down, or they are working on that page, the app returns nothing - it actually a graceful fail. It doesn't mean they removed anything. It happens about once a month or so. Just wait an hour or three and it will return.