Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

latest (July) Tesla price changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The performance upgrade pack is showing as a line item at £2,050 on my new purchase agreement after upgrading from P- to P+

So, on your invoice do you still see

Model 3 Long Range All-Wheel Drive Performance

But at a lower price than £52,090 (which is the price on mine)? Then the Performance Upgrade Pack listed at £2,050?

Screenshot 2019-07-16 at 14.34.35.png

That can happen to a lot of types of wheel if you are unlucky. The art is to look ahead and avoid pot holes if you can. Its not a Tesla phenomenon.
I know only too well. Went through plenty of tyres and wheels in previous cars with 20" wheels! I guess I'm not great at avoiding potholes, sometimes it's distraction/carelessness but many times it's unavoidable, especially these days.

Sorry i meant to post

Just sent this email will wait to see response massive saving hopefully, ordered P3+ ,White Pearl and Black interior -

After looking at the changes on the Tesla UK website this morning the prices have changed and my ordered car is now by my calculations £4600.00 less, can you confirm that the invoice will be adjusted or will I need to cancel the order.
Just got this back from Tesla

Thank for your email.

We are currently working through orders and will actively update the pricing on the orders which are eligible for the new price book. I can confirm your order will be eligible and will receive the new pricing update.

As soon as this has been done, a new order agreement reflecting the new pricing will be uploaded to your My Tesla account.

More changes ...hope nobody recently purchased got burned.

Ludicrous now for free, was 8K

I confirmed with my sales rep in Edinburgh that I will be getting the price changes on my yet to be delivered MX.
It should be noted that although Ludicrous is now "free" the base price for a performance MX has gone up by around £4k.
Still £4k better off than I was yesterday!

Reactions: -DB-
As I upgraded to a -P model 3 order, it looks like the choice is either pay slightly more for full performance pack, drop back to LR AWD and save about £3K or stick on -P and accept residue value will probably be worse than full performance but cost less in broken wheels. Think I’m tempted to switch back to the LR AWD drive as there’s been too many stories of bent and broken 20 inch wheels and don’t really need the extra performance. Think the 20 inch wheel issue is probably related to them being cast rather than forged, so not as strong as they could be, which really won’t help with very low profile tyres (when I had an AMG the wheels were 20/21 inch and forged and never managed to break any).

Typical, just checked my source code and now have a VIN after not having one (apart from a couple of hours last week) so decision may have been made for me. If I do change to LR AWD it will be interesting to see if the VIN changes - if it doesn’t we’ll know the LR AWD is a software limited -P.

Reactions: Rooster6655
I'll give them some aggravation about the pricing chaos

Can't see that solving anything ...

Unless Tesla honer the price cut
Tesla will happily deliver what you’ve ordered, at the price you ordered it at,

Historically (and repeatedly):

When prices have gone up Tesla have honoured the original, lower, price for all existing orders
When prices have come down Tesla have changed the price on all undelivered orders to the new, lower, price. (Don't expect that process to be "slick" though, but if Tesla confirm it then have confidence that it will happen ... at some point ... and don't fret it.

Why you do this, Tesla?

Because it is the same as all other car makers, difference is normally you get whatever deal you have managed to negotiate with Dealer - which may be good or bad, bu Tesla publishes its "list prices" and you cannot negotiate a price with the salesman.

Dealers give you the runaround when Manufacturer discontinues / price-changes something. In the past I have had price-increase during my car-wait period. But whilst I was waiting for my Tesla there were two price increases (GB Pound in freefall ...) and yet Tesla honoured my original order-price.

• Disagree
Reactions: Roy W. and GraemeS
Because it is the same as all other car makers, difference is normally you get whatever deal you have managed to negotiate with Dealer - which may be good or bad

I definitely prefer this option to dealing with f**king car salesmen... but I don’t think the level of changes to spec and price really happen with legacy automakers. Certainly not with this frequency.

Note, I’m saying saying it’s necessarily a bad thing and clearly it’s work out well for many people here. It just happens to have hit me negatively on this occasion.

So, to get my head round this, if I have a black on order, I will get a price reduction, but not as much as those who had a white on order?
And if I changed my order to white, what kind of effect would that have on my order date?

Does anyone have exact numbers for the price changes?

Also, does the white have similar paint wear issues as the black?

I don’t think the level of changes to spec and price really happen with legacy automakers. Certainly not with this frequency.

Yes you may well be right. Models go out of "availability" - no idea what causes that - paint/parts shortage? Demand levers for more profitable options. I've had Dealer running upstairs to "the boss to see what he can do" which we all know has nothing to do with actually finding out if a model / discount is available ...

I don't know why Tesla muck about with Models / Prices as they do ... or even if there is any good reason for it! No idea why they have lowered price either, would have thought they could sell all they could make at previous price. Maybe it is a keep-off-the-grass shutout-bid to competitors with coming-soon models.

£3100 difference for the P- black over the LR white for just a 1 second speed increase is a lot to ask, think I will be switching to the LR as not sure I will get much chance to try out the 162mph max speed that often, however the P+ is tempting :/

Nevermind getting started on the insurance, as Novo don't quote for under £50k cars its performance or pay £400+ for a LR with direct line, decisions....

Last edited: