Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest Price Drop Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not when it is actual criticism, you are basically complaining about a decision YOU MADE. Every company changes the prices on their products, EVERYONE.

So when Tesla decides they have to change the price of the car, they need to clear it with you first and get your approval?

Heres a protip, the price will change again soon...
People are complaining about putting their trust in a company that made promises that were not kept.

Bought a M3P+ when there was no M3P- available, and I love it. Would I buy something different from today's menu? Yes, and save some money doing it. Am I bitter or even unhappy that I didn't have today's menu then? No. I love the ride every day. (And I probably have better odds on selling some friends on it than I did a week ago.)

• Love
Reactions: EinSV and MXWing
Go and try to get on the waiting list for the new Supra.... $20k ADM just to be the first for a depreciating asset that will be below MSRP in 3 years.

Buy used next time, then you dont have to worry whether Musk lowers or raises prices. Who knows, he might follow through and stop selling these to the public..... then you’ll be happy like Fisker Karma owners

• Informative
Reactions: Joshan
...and you do know that's how things work at every company ever (also the term for it is not supply and demand, but economies of scale)? I guess you think Apple should charge a million dollars a piece for the first few hundred iPhones of each new model and then decrease the price as production scales up until they cost a couple hundred at the end of the year?

If the market will bear it - Yes. Actual production Economist here so please do not throw around buzz words you are not using in the right context.

upload_2019-7-18_10-19-36.png

are you selling your car tomorrow? if not how did you lsoe money?

Did you see a contract where someone was offered 5k more for their used Tesla 3 days ago compared to today? If not how did you lose money?
I lose money every month when I pay hundreds extra on my car bill that I could have saved by waiting a few months. Its not a stock that I own. Its a car loan.

I could have spent all that savings for more avocado toast and pumpkin spice lattes.

Instead of taking sweet Instagram selfies at exotic destinations this summer, my basic broke ass is sipping la croix while furiously downvoting Tesla fanboys on Reddit making excuses that the ebb and flow of supply, demand, afc, avc, mr=Mc, economy of scale and all that nonsense is no excuse to devalue my car more and more every month!

Just kidding. Xennial over here, I can’t comprehend just not letting things be enjoying the purchase you willingly made.

You all need serenity to accept the things you cannot change, the courage to change the things you can and the wisdom to know the difference. ;)
Number 8.

I personally agree on being happy in life, but it is hard when I see my neighbor driving his half price Model 3. Even though it is partial premium, it still looks shockingly like a premium.

For all the defenders of Elon and Tesla...great...love you all!

For individual car owners who are feeling the pinch of the price drop...I am with you!

I paid almost $5K more for my car less than 30 days ago--
- $1910 Price Cut
- $1500 white paint (which was supposed to be "special" but now is "inexpensive enough" to be the default)
+ $1000 State Rebate since I could have gotten the car without EAP and be under $50K
+ $213 State Tax

I will recover $1875 out of this amount due to Federal Tax incentives. As much as I want us to love the car, it feels painful to know that waiting for a few more days would have been $2,848 cheaper ($4723 - $1875), for the same exact car I ordered.

Part of the appeal of Tesla versus the other cars is that they are not changing their model every year and that they are not negotiating the price...so there is also an expectation of price stability in a major investment each one of us has made in this car and this brand.

Car manufacturing (and any tech manufacturing) is not, and should not be a volatile endeavor with prices fluctuating as often.

It would be great that Tesla would extend an incentive such as lifetime supercharging for the "early" adopters or folks who may have purchased within the 30 / 60 days prior to any such major change.

My arguments for keeping price stable / offering something to folks who commit to Tesla sooner than later:
The risk is that folks who are almost ready to make the decision will wait on the sidelines for longer because they know there's another price drop that may happen the next month or next quarter.

Part of the reason Apple has been successful with the iPhone is the control on the price. A person purchasing an Apple product knows that their purchase (the mini-luxury investment they are making) will retain its value over the course of the 1 year until the next model comes out when it may be lowered in price.