Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest Summons (across a busier lot) Video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Terrible video quality but nice to see it improving.

Well you can never ensure the humans are as intelligent as the machine they use.

Oh boy, it's now almost as fast as my grandmother with her walker :rolleyes:
Better, but I hope there is more to come.

Well that's why we get up in the AM.
However, judging from your family's DNA - I am not so sure about it ....

Reactions: Nocturnal
Summon still doesn't look quick enough to be using in that environment. Other cars were waiting longer than they should have for the Tesla to get out of their way and it just makes the car look like a public nuisance. I'm excited about summon and what it will become, but you won't find me subjecting the general public to what I just witnessed in that video!

Still glacier slow. Why would I wait 3 mins for my car to come to me vs 30 seconds to walk to it? Am I not lazy enough for enhanced summon?
Maybe you and I just think the same. I rather just walk to the car, and I am not trying to impress people with how fancy my car is to come and get me. There are a lot of those people. HOWEVER, I think this can be a useful feature (just not for me). I can see it being helpful for people with some minor mobility issues or the car is in a tight situation where needed to get it out.

Reactions: richyrich and UTMB
Maybe you and I just think the same. I rather just walk to the car, and I am not trying to impress people with how fancy my car is to come and get me. There are a lot of those people. HOWEVER, I think this can be a useful feature (just not for me). I can see it being helpful for people with some minor mobility issues or the car is in a tight situation where needed to get it out.

This is still the very early days of advanced summon. At the moment, I agree it's more of a party trick though if you're in a heavy downpour and don't have an umbrella it could be worth the wait too. But eventually it would have much more seamless utility. For example, if predictive AI was built in and it could see at a certain time of day when you're walking down a set of stairs, it would assume you're about to leave and your car could be waiting for you at the door. When we're all old we'd probably be telling our grandkids of the time when FSD was just being a thing and how it was so slow you could walk to your car faster.

• Funny
Reactions: runham
Previously I've complained about the slow speed of the Tesla when being summoned, but many of the other passing cars slow to similar speeds as they search in vain for a driver behind the wheel. :D

I suppose if there is something good about 144p it's that you don't need to pixelate faces of licence plates.

• Funny
Reactions: cwmagui and Need