Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest Summons (across a busier lot) Video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So when it stops for traffic etc is that you letting go of the button on your phone, or the signal dropping out, or is the car detecting the traffic and pausing for it?

Still glacier slow. Why would I wait 3 mins for my car to come to me vs 30 seconds to walk to it? Am I not lazy enough for enhanced summon?

In that vein - I could turn the light switches manually in my house but I converted them all to smart switches now - but that doesn't make lazy.
It's made me more productive & safe: lights on with hands full & lights on when motion is sensed.

Given that there are many more use cases opening up vs. old predefined ones, I am sure Elon & team has got a bunch that you haven't thought about in their algorithm.

Previously I've complained about the slow speed of the Tesla when being summoned, but many of the other passing cars slow to similar speeds as they search in vain for a driver behind the wheel. :D

The "slowness" is not any slower vs. what a careful driver would do to traverse in a crowded parking lot - with cross traffic, pedestrians & sudden blind spot movements.

I mean as a coder myself, I can see where the car's computer is literally processing the data it is seeing.
No different than what a newer driver would be doing.

Compared to the empty lot summon videos from 2 months ago - this is a big step forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elixir
In that vein - I could turn the light switches manually in my house but I converted them all to smart switches now - but that doesn't make lazy.

You missed my point. I have smart switches too but if they were ten times as slow to switch on as reach out a hand I wouldn't bother using them. They're not - with Alexa it's faster than going to the switch(es).

You missed my point. I have smart switches too but if they were ten times as slow to switch on as reach out a hand I wouldn't bother using them. They're not - with Alexa it's faster than going to the switch(es).

Actually - I did get your point.
You insist on speed.
But you left out all the variables that can hinder that speed. (that video had plenty of obstacles even for humans).
So in short, you say speed - but meant if there were no caveats.
Just like using Alexa is frictionless -if your network has no issues - which in regards to WiFi (radio signals) could be flaky.

I alluded to convenience & other use case possibilities without any allowances for speed.

My point is that - speed is not important if requiring optimal conditions & judged in a vacuum.
vs. my POV: you can still be productive other ways so that would make up for any perceived speed deficiency.

• Funny
Reactions: richyrich
Really?? A loooong way to go?

Name one other vehicle capable of doing this? Even Tesla's a few months ago couldn't.

I think it's a lot closer than you may believe
Maybe other manufacturers are just waiting until the tech is ready for prime time? And what exactly is useful about this in its current state? I guess it's a neat trick to show off but imagine how frustrated everyone else in the parking lot must be if they have to deal with people using this. It's similar to how AP performs in stop/go traffic. It takes WAY too long to react and start moving forward. I'm not saying they won't get better but they have a very long way to go as I've stated. I've seen nothing to suggest that Tesla is even remotely close to FSD.

• Disagree
Reactions: cwmagui