Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest Tesla Motors-Related News (Feel Free To Post Here)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quote from the Forbes article:
"If you're driving 15,000 miles a year in your Tesla your fuel bill will come to about $450. That's a hefty $1,750 savings over gasoline, but then again, the Tesla does cost around $75,000, and most of that fuel savings will be wiped away when you have to shell out $12,000 to replace your battery after five years or so."

Can those incompetent journalists not do their research and go on Tesla's website to check the battery warranty?!

And if you take good care of your battery, and your needs are not critical up to maximum range, then it will last a lot longer than the warranty. This was one more reason for me to get the 85kWh battery. In ten years, if the range is only 80% of what it was from new - who cares? And by then there will be chargers everywhere in Hong Kong, so it won't be an issue at all. I am not even sure those batteries in my car will ever be changed, if so - maybe once. I will keep the charge between 20% and 80% as much as I can, and they should last a long time.

Forbes are so against Tesla anyway, even if they have something good about Tesla on hand. I thought Elon said the battery can be used for 20 years?

You won't have 502 km range after 20 years, so it depends on how you treat the car, and what your requirements are. What climate, condition, driving style, charging habits and so on. But if you live in Hong Kong and have a 20 year old Model S 85kWh, then I think there is a good chance it will still have highly adequate range, even after 20 years.

THAT is crazy that he even survived, after wrecking that many cars. It must have been quite some crash if he really managed to rip the Tesla in two halves!Despite thousands of ICE car crashes a day, expect this to be another Tesla bashing story to make the rounds. Be ready for TSLA stock to go down 10-15% on Monday, that is your chance to get on, before people come to their senses and it goes up again!

THAT is crazy that he even survived, after wrecking that many cars. It must have been quite some crash if he really managed to rip the Tesla in two halves!Despite thousands of ICE car crashes a day, expect this to be another Tesla bashing story to make the rounds. Be ready for TSLA stock to go down 10-15% on Monday, that is your chance to get on, before people come to their senses and it goes up again!

What on Earth was that thief thinking? I am really interested to know how he got the Model S split in half from the side! If he lives, maybe the stock price will go up.

Stock down to 224 but back to 229 now, back to normal.

What on Earth was that thief thinking? I am really interested to know how he got the Model S split in half from the side! If he lives, maybe the stock price will go up.

Stock down to 224 but back to 229 now, back to normal.

Didn't know they traded today also, see how little I know of stocks!

I would imagine there are drugs involved, and the speed must have been so high, as he could damage so many cars, split the Tesla in half AND get one half stuck wedged in between two walls!

If he doesn't make it, at least he will make it to http://www.darwinawards.com

Moderator's Note: The theft-crash is being discussed here:
Stolen Model S crashes after police pursuit. 7/4/14
Lots of good input and updates there, from all over the world as well as local input (eg; see gasdoc's photos).

I'm beginning to wonder about the purpose of this thread? Is it just for HK news, and if not why do we need to duplicate stuff on other parts of this forum? PM me with comments/suggestions.

Moderator's Note: The theft-crash is being discussed here:
Stolen Model S crashes after police pursuit. 7/4/14
Lots of good input and updates there, from all over the world as well as local input (eg; see gasdoc's photos).

I'm beginning to wonder about the purpose of this thread? Is it just for HK news, and if not why do we need to duplicate stuff on other parts of this forum? PM me with comments/suggestions.

Good point, Mark, good point. Maybe it's a bit late, it's such a good thread (and the only one with more views than the HK Tally thread hehe).

I just came back here to say I just saw this video posted by lx3h above, and I wanted to say to everyone - if you haven't seen it, do it.

Could the thread be moved to an entirely different forum, outside of the Hong Kong forum? It's got lots of nice stuff, and I think it's worth preserving.

Then we could start a new thread here where it specifically says posts have to be relevant to Hong Kong, otherwise ... bugger off to the relevant forums.

Just a though, not in a PM. Feel free to delete / edit.

-

I just checked, that link you sent, got more views in about 18 hours than this thread has gotten since it started many months ago!

Last edited:
The reason I stayed this thread is mainly because not everyone know about and will visit other threads from other regions, that includes me of course. It is much easier and time-saving to simply come to the Hong Kong forum and find things to read. I guess many would agree as this thread is by far the most visited thread in the Hong Kong forum.

The court declined to comment on those suits or on the countersuit Mr. Chen says that Mr. Zhan filed, which seeks a halt to Tesla’s China sales, the shutdown of its showrooms, and a payment of 23.9 million yuan (about US$3.8 million) to Mr. Zhan. Tesla has not received formal notice of the countersuit, the company’s spokeswoman said.

Meanwhile, Tesla stresses that its China business continues apace. “We have been selling cars and are now delivering cars and will continue to do so without interference caused by Mr. Zhan’s attempted theft of our intellectual property,” the company’s spokeswoman said.

He's gotta be kidding, when he is talking about "his rights". He's got the right to fork orf!

Plagiarism and theft of intellectual property seems to be quite a big business in China - yet it isn't sustainable for the country long term. As Tesla Motors is probably planning to build a huge factory in China, I'm sure they can win against this crook, even without bribing any officials (though surely, Mr Zhan will bribe left and right).

He's gotta be kidding, when he is talking about "his rights". He's got the right to fork orf!

Plagiarism and theft of intellectual property seems to be quite a big business in China - yet it isn't sustainable for the country long term. As Tesla Motors is probably planning to build a huge factory in China, I'm sure they can win against this crook, even without bribing any officials (though surely, Mr Zhan will bribe left and right).

Well, I don't know about Tesla, but Apple obviously paid for the iPad name instead of going to court.

Well, I don't know about Tesla, but Apple obviously paid for the iPad name instead of going to court.
I believe that the Chinese IPAD was a real computer product before Apple started to use the name. If so, I think the claim was fair.
if Mr. Zhan has manufactured a car with the tesla name on it before Tesla motors USA did, his claim would be also fair. But I don't think Mr. Zhan is a car manufacture, so the claim is false.

I believe that the Chinese IPAD was a real computer product before Apple started to use the name. If so, I think the claim was fair.
if Mr. Zhan has manufactured a car with the tesla name on it before Tesla motors USA did, his claim would be also fair. But I don't think Mr. Zhan is a car manufacture, so the claim is false.
I doubt this guy has ANY commercial use of the Tesla name, much less for an automobile.