Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest Tesla Motors-Related News (Feel Free To Post Here)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sincerely hope it will not affect us and our delays are partly because of the factory closure and not that the factory closure will cause additional delays.

Yes, I certainly hope that is the case, and there is cause for that hope. My DS said when he called about the (latest) 4-6 week delay that it was due to "production scheduling". He could not specify what caused those scheduling issues, but confirmed it was "production" and not shipping or TD causing that latest delay. So at least we now know why. Adding a seven-week window for production, shipping and TD clearance means there should be no deliveries in Hong Kong between September 8 and 22. Seems more likely to me that deliveries will actually only restart in October. :(

Seems to me that user interface could have been a LOT better. First of all, I don't want to have to talk to my watch to bring it up, if I'm going to talk to it that much, it had better just allow the whole command like that "ok google........ unlock tesla". Secondly, one button per screen? really? how about 4?

Model S Exceed Power Ratings On Dyno

Will you put your car to the test?

Gas 2 | Bridging the gap between green heads and gear heads.

- - - Updated - - -

Want an LED "T" logo? You can pay or DIY.

http://gas2.org/2014/07/24/led-tesla-t-symbol-now-offered-for-model-s/

- - - Updated - - -

Model S completely beaten, but so what?

http://gas2.org/2014/07/07/video-electric-miata-dragster-vs-tesla-model-s/

I'm sure the S would win on a race to the next town... Sure it's neat that someone came up with that purpose built miata that does the drag strip well. but it's not exactly a viable alternative to the Tesla, the Tesla isn't even designed for the racetrack at all, it just happens to do the drag strip quite respectably despite that.

What a revelation. Actually I'm curious to know whether Tesla HK is under the leadership of Veronica Wu (now GM of Tesla China), despite the fact that HK is RHD and has a separate customs. But whatever the answer, Tesla does have some major issues operating on a satisfying level in this part of the world.

IMHO Elon Musk is a tech genius and he does want to do good to the world. But running a big scale business, managing people, dealing with authorities, etc, take more than just passion and an innovative mind. And what's more, he has to run SpaceX at the same time, let alone also chairing at SolarCity... Perhaps that's why he often talked about stepping down. Finding another capable person to be Tesla CEO might be for the better, for the company and for himself.

We Are In The Official Event Video!!!!!

Try to find yourself in the video!

First Model S Deliveries in Hong Kong | Blog | Tesla Motors

Jerome said we have the latest model of superchargers in Hong Kong. Wondering how much faster for charging than the rest of the world.
-- update --
I think Elon is the right person / CEO/ chairman for all his companies, few people on our planet has the guts, charisma and mind to lead these days.

I just think if Transport Department or Customs are in the way, he should try to hire ex-management personnel to smooth things down, much like Tesla hiring the US veterans.

Last edited: