Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest Tesla Motors-Related News (Feel Free To Post Here)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RTHK News:

A new, locally-developed charging station for electric vehicles is set to be installed at two government facilities, according to the Hong Kong Productivity Council.
It had developed the technology jointly with a private firm, ITE Engineering, and the stations are the first to be produced locally.
Electric vehicles can be charged up to 80 percent of its capacity within 20 minutes.
The Chief Executive Officer of ITE, Vincent Lau, said on Wednesday that the new charging stations were much cheaper than imported stations.

RTHK English News
The First HK-developed EV Fast Charging Station Attains International Certification

Last edited:
RTHK News:

A new, locally-developed charging station for electric vehicles is set to be installed at two government facilities, according to the Hong Kong Productivity Council.
It had developed the technology jointly with a private firm, ITE Engineering, and the stations are the first to be produced locally.
Electric vehicles can be charged up to 80 percent of its capacity within 20 minutes.
The Chief Executive Officer of ITE, Vincent Lau, said on Wednesday that the new charging stations were much cheaper than imported stations.

RTHK English News
The First HK-developed EV Fast Charging Station Attains International Certification

Man, they don't provide any details at all.

I like the idea of Tesla owner letting other Tesla owner changing at there house of course this will never happen in HK maybe back home in UK it will help me out.

also I think they did not design the doors with holdings because so that we don't put a load of crap inside the car and make it more heavy.

Last edited:
Good things are worth waiting for

http://www.treehugger.com/cars/tesl...bility-dual-motors-falcon-wing-doors-etc.html

I wish I had the money, but I don't. And I am so happy with my Model S, and wish all the best of luck with the Model X. If I would move to another place and be forced to give up my Model S, I might consider the Model X instead, for a new car. All hypothetical for me, yet I will be following the Model X, and then the Model III, with a huge interest.

One particular item I am very happy about is the towing capability. This opens up the car for a much broader customer segment in certain markets (not really Hong Kong though!)

O no "falcon wing doors are here to stay" that is bad news for most HKers, This car will not sell well in HK.
Looks like I will not wait now and have to go to plan B which is change my Honda Stepwgn to New Honda Odyssey.

You haven't seen the final design yet. How high the doors go. How to use the doors, in those cases where the car park ceiling is ridiculously low. Those doors are awesome, I wish I had a Model X order, and the money to go with it. Getting in and out of the car will be like getting in and out of the MTR - except you don't have to push impatient people, just to get out.

True but if it is a SUV they the car will be at lest 1.8m high to fit 7 adults and when the doors over fully it over 2.3m and not many car park are 2.5 or higher. There is always pipes and other bits stopping you to open the doors.
I have a feeling it will be like the BMW X5 size.
If the doors do open fully like the photo then I think the only people buy it is living in houses and hire drivers so no need to park the car.

True but if it is a SUV they the car will be at lest 1.8m high to fit 7 adults and when the doors over fully it over 2.3m and not many car park are 2.5 or higher. There is always pipes and other bits stopping you to open the doors.
I have a feeling it will be like the BMW X5 size.
If the doors do open fully like the photo then I think the only people buy it is living in houses and hire drivers so no need to park the car.

No-one says you have to open the doors fully, every time you use them. I am sure there is some smart way to get in and out, even with 1.8 to 2.0 meter headroom as it is some places. I find it hard to open the Model S doors: 1) The car is wide and 2) The doors are long (need more space to open wide enough). Often, people have to get out before you park, and in after you leave the spot.

Has anyone tried to use the sunroof to get out? I have hehe ... not easy but doable.

So one more year before the Model X comes - what about the Model S P85D - I don't expect to see it in HK before summer 15.

I dont know if they will have a function to open door half way, would be nice but for me it is not user friendly for my mum and dad getting in and out if open half way.

For the MS doors, I think 70% of HK car parks will have to let people out 1st before parking.
I am used to this with my BMW F10.

sunroof good idea.

We will not see MX in HK until 2016 and I bet it will be delayed again.

My friends P85D date arrive will be in May so fingers cross.