Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest Tesla Updates-Brakes next?

Will Tesla add the Carbon Ceramic brakes as standard to the Plaid in the next few months?

• Yes

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • No

Votes: 32 64.0%
  • Yes and I will be mad/sad

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Yes and I know this is just the way Tesla rolls even if costs me $20k to upgrade

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got this email from Tesla. When you go to the Tesla website it says “Out of Stock” and “Available Early 2023” availability. I was interested originally but I likely won’t be keeping this car for many more years if HW4 is required for FSD.

B56531A7-782C-46A0-B5D0-D0CE14CCF5D5.jpeg

Model S Plaid Carbon Ceramic Brake Kit
https://shop.tesla.com/product/model-s-plaid-carbon-ceramic-brake-kit?sku=1768598-00-A&web=true

Last edited:
I wonder if they will give you back your steel brakes if upgrading to this kit. If they gave me back the steel brakes, I would purchase the kit and take them back off for my next MSP when HW4 comes out. If I could essentially use them for both vehicles I would have zero issues purchasing them. If the local UP vendor by me didn't warn me that our local SC threatens to void the entire warranty on the vehicle for any changing the brakes, I would have already installed there BBK. I think the UP or Mountain Pass front and rear BBK is probably plenty, even for the track however the threat of cancelling my warranty on a car most cannot work on stresses me out too much.

I wonder if they will give you back your steel brakes if upgrading to this kit. If they gave me back the steel brakes, I would purchase the kit and take them back off for my next MSP when HW4 comes out. If I could essentially use them for both vehicles I would have zero issues purchasing them. If the local UP vendor by me didn't warn me that our local SC threatens to void the entire warranty on the vehicle for any changing the brakes, I would have already installed there BBK. I think the UP or Mountain Pass front and rear BBK is probably plenty, even for the track however the threat of cancelling my warranty on a car most cannot work on stresses me out too much.
I’m fairly certain that’s not legal, they can’t cancel the entire bumper to bumper warranty because you replaced the brakes. Any warranty work that they deny because of the new brakes would require them to prove that’s what caused the issue.

If you replace the brakes and your motor or battery fails, there’s no connection there, Tesla won’t be able to deny warranty repairs

Reactions: ucmndd
I’m fairly certain that’s not legal, they can’t cancel the entire bumper to bumper warranty because you replaced the brakes. Any warranty work that they deny because of the new brakes would require them to prove that’s what caused the issue.

If you replace the brakes and your motor or battery fails, there’s no connection there, Tesla won’t be able to deny warranty repairs
Look I completely agree and everyone one of my cars are modded, even my speciale is decatted with complete exhaust, lowering springs, etc and zero issues from the dealer. Like any MFG in the past of a car I've modded its just common sense those parts will not be warrantied, failure caused by them the same. The conversation I had with this installer was so odd, he stressed to me multiple times I work with these guys daily as there a certified repair Tesla shop and said if they see the brakes and notice them they mark the car. I mean I've never had any MFG do this but this is my first Tesla and I don't need the headache. The brakes on the car are just terrible and I'm not talking about track driving. I've already had a few situations where I may have went a little heavy on the pedal and came up a bit too fast on a car in the distance and first reaction obviously is to brake and I gotta tell you it does not stop anywhere near the distance it should. I have a few cars with CCB's and barely use them because of downshifting but even when I've had cars like S65 or M760 which are essentially regular sedans but 600+ hp and around the same weight the braking power on them was incredible. Maybe I need to try the SC in New Jersey instead of Brooklyn, apparently the one in BKLYN where I just had the car was the one he was talking about.

I think next week I'll ask them myself when I bring my car back in. They fixed my FSD finally but my frunk still don't open. Apparently they changed actuators, latches, etc but I guess they never tested it lol.. Overall I really am enjoying the vehicle but I really want to get a set of larger brakes, and I would prefer steel over CCB.