Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest update... ;)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The weird thing is, I don't see any of these bugs. I use Spotify every time I drive and it works every time I drive.

I don't have a lot of play-lists though, I mostly play entire albums and just use the voice control to get what I want.

Havent has as much problem with spotify as some seem to, other than the inconsistent and poorly designed interface and missing key functionality (inability to "resume" being the worst), but what really screws it up is trying to use it, especially search, when there is patchy signal strength.
This results in the oozlum easter egg kicking in and it becomes about as useful as the (now totally hobbled) browser, generally requiring an MCU reboot.

Not sure if it's real or just coincidence, but Spotify for me went from completely unusable (not managed to get a single tune out of it on the drive down to Plymouth despite several manual reboots and some spontaneous) to somewhat working (one spontaneous reboot, one period of silence until car parked/restarted) on the return journey - when I switched from using a private Spotify account back to using the Tesla account.

Does this match with what other people are seeing?

Not sure if it's real or just coincidence, but Spotify for me went from completely unusable (not managed to get a single tune out of it on the drive down to Plymouth despite several manual reboots and some spontaneous) to somewhat working (one spontaneous reboot, one period of silence until car parked/restarted) on the return journey - when I switched from using a private Spotify account back to using the Tesla account.

Does this match with what other people are seeing?

I think this has worked on occasion for others, but not always. This inconsistency seems to be the most frustrating part of the Spotify bug. The current work around, which has worked for me over the last 3 days so a near record, is to change the language in settings. This prompts an MCU and IC reboot and Spotify comes back to life. Change back to English, reboots again, Spotify still good.

Ridiculous that it’s necessary, and was suggested by Tesla roadside to a caller. My own suspicion is that it’s something to do with tokens expiring and not being able to renew. I have nothing to base this on apart from I’ve run out of other ideas!

The weird thing is, I don't see any of these bugs. I use Spotify every time I drive and it works every time I drive.

I don't have a lot of play-lists though, I mostly play entire albums and just use the voice control to get what I want.

After a bit of trial and error I think the Spotify problem (or at least one of the multiple problems) is related to my Spotify playlists i.e. the ones I've saved in the Tesla account over the last 10 months. If I stick to the featured playlists and search engine it doesn't seem to crash, but if I start going into my saved playlists, artists etc it soon freezes up. So I tried deleting all my saved playlists and that seemed to help. Then I tried deleting my saved artists but found that I couldn't actually get rid of them, plus there are some strange ones in there that I never followed in the first place. So I think my database has got corrupted at some point along the way. Might try a factory reset, but the car's due to go in the SC later this month so I might let them see it first.

The other issue with Spotify is when you lose signal temporarily (as I do at home in the garage). Instead of just working again when the signal returns, it often needs poking around between apps (the old Tune-in to Spotify shuffle, lol) or even a full reboot to restart. Those of you who are in constant range of a decent signal probably won't notice this issue, but it's very irritating. Every loaner I've had has this issue too, so it's not unique to my car. Tune-in doesn't have this issue and recovers after temporary signal loss, so it points to a problem with the Spotify app.

It sucks to be honest and is starting to spoil my enjoyment of the car, which is a real shame.