Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest VIN number?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey All

I am about to have a Model S ordered and they said the car allocated to me is VIN: 5YJSXXXXXX333XXX

I am not sure which numbers mean what, but the last 6 numbers are in the 330,000's

They also said:

" We don’t have access to exact dates for build dates because we are not privy to that information, but I do believe it is July, 2019. "

Has anyone ordered and received a new Tesla recently that knows if this VIN number is a recent build?

Thanks

That would mean the car has a VIN somewhere in the range 333,000..333,999. No idea whether/how far beyond 334,000 they've gotten.

Here's a handy reference for VIN decoding. Note that the meaning of the VIN digits has changed slightly over the years, so you might want to download the latest PDF document linked in the Reference section and check it to see what each digit means.

Reactions: FetzCo
Hey All

I am about to have a Model S ordered and they said the car allocated to me is VIN: 5YJSXXXXXX333XXX

I am not sure which numbers mean what, but the last 6 numbers are in the 330,000's

They also said:

" We don’t have access to exact dates for build dates because we are not privy to that information, but I do believe it is July, 2019. "

Has anyone ordered and received a new Tesla recently that knows if this VIN number is a recent build?

Thanks
They have VIN 343169 listed for sale right now...

2019 Model S | Tesla