Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LCS Energy Install / Charger Advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, in all the excitement of ordering the M3P I went and filled in the survey for the EO unit via Octopus.

EO claim they are all verified installers but just wondering if anyone had any experience of them ?

Also, I'm planning on moving house now in the next 8/12 months (current situation not withstanding) I've been managing with the granny charger for the last 4 weeks since I got the car, be it limited miles and whilst its slow, gets the job done + there is a 50KW CCS 5 minutes away at the local Morrisons if needed.
My big journeys are mainly work related and when things get back to normal I’ll being doing 200-250 mile round trips a few times a month which I can supercharge top up + will also have access to a 3 pin at the office.

Am I best off seeing if I can manage until I move and then get a charger fitted or could I take the charger when I move and get it installed then? I guess the longer I wait the more the risk the OLEV grant gets reduced again also.

Any thoughts / advice would be appreciated

I have the tethered EO Mini Pro. It’s a good bit of kit, and EO themselves were very helpful before and after installation. I don’t use any of the ‘smart’ features except to get logs of the actual power going out of the wall into the car. It has been very reliable so far (9 months). I’m pleased I chose the tethered version too, much less messing around. If the Tesla wall charger qualified for the OLEV grant, I would have probably gone for that instead at the time just for the button to open the charge flap. It would be great if mine had that button.

That said, I rushed the purchase because I was taken by surprise with a much earlier delivery date on the car than I expected. If I had my time over, I would have seriously considered and probably gone for the Andersen despite the much higher price. Not only does it look better, the cable and connector are kept out of the weather when not in use.

Last edited:
I quite liked the neatness of the EO and thought I'd give it a go.
I ordered from the EO website and they passed on my enquiry to a local installer who must have thought I'd won the lottery because without even seeing my house he quoted £900 to install. So bye bye to EO and their greedy local bandit.

PS That £900 included the grant!

My install of a Tesla Wall Charger cost £1100 all-in with the 7.5m cable.
All installation was outside after a single hole drilled in the outside wall of my electric cupboard.
A new 2-way plus RCD distribution box was included.
No grant available for the TWC so it sounds like I got an OK deal?
(installer was ecoplugg)