TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Leaving the Tesla Family?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Scott Rand, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Scott Rand

Scott Rand Member

I might be leaving the Tesla family after my lease is up in 10 months. I would love to get a new one but I am only interest in a New P and prices have gone up to much. I refuse to pay $1500 plus per month.

Does anyone know if Tesla is giving any deals to buyers who have a Tesla lease that is up?

• Funny x 2
  2. Zythryn

Zythryn M3 Silver, M3 Midnight Silver

No, not to my knowledge.
    You may want to look at CPOs.

I recently started looking around at other options. I kept coming back to:
    1) I can't stand buying or servicing through a Dealer.
    2) No other car has the performance or range or drive quality.
    3) I like the Bolt, but I won't support a company that has been lobbying legislators to outlaw direct sales.

• Like x 2
  3. Scott Rand

Scott Rand Member

I'm only interested in new or new inventory. I am looking at a Caddy ctsv as an alternative.

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  4. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

I can't believe one would go to the dark side after driving electric for a while. I guess different people have different priorities. But for me I would never buy another car that does not have a plug.

• Like x 9
    • Disagree x 1
  5. Scott Rand

Scott Rand Member

It's all about speed to me. I have a 1500 hp gtr and a McLaren 650s also.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 2
  6. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

New S 100D's have been measured to have 344 miles of rated range at 100%. While the CTS V is faster than the S 100D, the difference isn't that significant under normal driving conditions.

If the S P100D is too expensive, you can save a lot of $$$ and get an S 100D with 9% more range than the performance version - and performance that's still faster that most vehicles on the road.

• Like x 3
    • Disagree x 1
  7. Scott Rand

Scott Rand Member

I would only go with the P when spending this kind of money. I would also go for an x model p.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  8. gavine

gavine Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast

Skip ahead to 2:55.....

• Funny x 5
    • Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  9. azred

azred Active Member

I agree but you mentioned buying not leasing. Going back to ICE isn't as hard for me to imagine as not paying cash for my cars.

• Like x 1
  10. Scott Rand

Scott Rand Member

The Caddy would walk the Tesla on the Highway,

But that's not the point. I saw a while ago, a guy was able to find more inventory cars with some program he made. Does anyone know how I can do that also?

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  11. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

I just don't understand anyone wanting to go back to burning gas and oil, and franchised dealers, after owning a Tesla. You say you have two performance ICE cars. Why would you buy a third when your Tesla lease is up?

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  12. Scott Rand

Scott Rand Member

Everyone is missing what I'm saying. I want to stay with Tesla, just need to find a deal with a P. I want to keep my lease payment in low $1000.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  13. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

I think you're missing what we're saying. With Tesla, the price is the price. If you want to deal, buy a car from a dealer. (I prefer not to do that ever again). If you want a Tesla with lease payment in low $1000 you're not going to get a P100D. But wouldn't a 90D with 4.2 sec 0-60 acceleration satisfy most of your needs?

• Like x 2
  14. Zythryn

Zythryn M3 Silver, M3 Midnight Silver

I haven't yet found any ICE vehicle that outperforms the effortless acceleration in a Tesla.
    That said, if you are looking for track performance for more than a few laps, sure, go for something else. Get what you enjoy.
    I just can't ever go back to the sluggishness of an ICE.

• Like x 1
  15. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

Scott, if performance is your top priority, then selecting a Model X P100D, is a compromise. It has less performance than the S P100D and a shorter range.

16. Scott Rand

Scott Rand Member

I understand, but I like the way it drives by being higher up.

17. EinSV

EinSV Active Member

#17 EinSV, Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    There are still some P90Ds in inventory on ev-cpo. They probably won't last that long but one option would be to find someone to take over the remaining lease term on your current car and get a new P90D while there are still some available.

• Like x 1
  18. LargeHamCollider

LargeHamCollider Battery cells != scalable

Might have to wait for performance Model Y.

19. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

It's funny that someone found the OP funny.

• Funny x 1
  20. Eclectic

Eclectic Member

I'm about to do it too. I have no problem burning gas and oil, and dealers don't scare me. I care about value and performance, as I suspect the OP does. The OP sounds like a person who enjoys high performance, which is no less a valid primary concern than someone who enjoys electric powered vehicles.

• Disagree x 2