Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leaving the Tesla Family?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, not to my knowledge.
You may want to look at CPOs.

I recently started looking around at other options. I kept coming back to:
1) I can't stand buying or servicing through a Dealer.
2) No other car has the performance or range or drive quality.
3) I like the Bolt, but I won't support a company that has been lobbying legislators to outlaw direct sales.

Reactions: tiggerlily and KJD
New S 100D's have been measured to have 344 miles of rated range at 100%. While the CTS V is faster than the S 100D, the difference isn't that significant under normal driving conditions.

If the S P100D is too expensive, you can save a lot of $$$ and get an S 100D with 9% more range than the performance version - and performance that's still faster that most vehicles on the road.

I think you're missing what we're saying. With Tesla, the price is the price. If you want to deal, buy a car from a dealer. (I prefer not to do that ever again). If you want a Tesla with lease payment in low $1000 you're not going to get a P100D. But wouldn't a 90D with 4.2 sec 0-60 acceleration satisfy most of your needs?

I haven't yet found any ICE vehicle that outperforms the effortless acceleration in a Tesla.
That said, if you are looking for track performance for more than a few laps, sure, go for something else. Get what you enjoy.
I just can't ever go back to the sluggishness of an ICE.

Reactions: gavine
There are still some P90Ds in inventory on ev-cpo. They probably won't last that long but one option would be to find someone to take over the remaining lease term on your current car and get a new P90D while there are still some available.

Last edited:
Reactions: davidc18
I just don't understand anyone wanting to go back to burning gas and oil, and franchised dealers, after owning a Tesla. You say you have two performance ICE cars. Why would you buy a third when your Tesla lease is up?

I'm about to do it too. I have no problem burning gas and oil, and dealers don't scare me. I care about value and performance, as I suspect the OP does. The OP sounds like a person who enjoys high performance, which is no less a valid primary concern than someone who enjoys electric powered vehicles.