Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leaving the Tesla Family?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everyone is missing what I'm saying. I want to stay with Tesla, just need to find a deal with a P. I want to keep my lease payment in low $1000.

Your life, your money, your choices.

What I think I'm hearing here is that you think Tesla is going to/needs to negotiate with you a lower price on a new higher performance car. Tesla doesn't do that.

With the exception of the end of quarter stuff third quarter, Tesla has never done anything like that.

You need to decide where your priorities are, whether you're really ready to give up the Tesla experience because the extreme performance models got a little more expensive than they were before (while becoming both faster and longer ranged.)

Reactions: davidc18
I went through the same struggle... I thought for sure I would not get a Tesla unless it was a P. But I also wanted the 100D.... well, it turns out that the difference in price between my configuration in a 100D and a P100D in which I only get Launch/Ludicrious and red brake calipers, was about $35,000. Are you f*ing kidding me? So I ended up with the 100D, 4.2s 0-60, and I am totally happy. My friend who has the P85D with Ludicrous is jealous, and says the feature is pretty useless for him. I'd love to show off the LM for sure, but as it is priced now, it is a pure vanity feature. For you with the P100D, congrats... big hunk o change for the little red P.

Reactions: davidc18
Wait a minute, you have a McLaren and you are worried about your lease payment.
I'm sure you meant this as a joke, but that reasoning on this forum and elsewhere is getting old. Maybe the reason he has a McLaren is because he looks at the cost/value of items instead of saying "eh, what's another few hundred dollars here and there".

A bit more than 2 years left in my P90DL demo lease, and it's THIS that scares me when it's up. I value luxury and performance. V-series Caddys, AMGs and a Lexus F were the only other things being considered. 3rd quarter deals on a demo were what finally got me over the hump, but a P100D matching my current config is almost 20k more than my car was BEFORE discounts. I'm sorry, it's not 20k faster than my car. I'm hoping for me there's a P-series Model 3 that is close enough to the 3-second mark, or they come up with a non-L P100 again, because other than that I'm seeing getting partner a non-P model Y or CPO and something V-series/AMG for speed.