Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LED Turning lights without the Premium Package

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been debating getting the Premium Package. The only real option I want from everything it provides is the LED turning lights. I think they'd be great for rural night driving, which I have to do occasionally.

I emailed sales and they are saying that the Service Center will not install the lights as an after-production option. They come with the package as a whole. But we have seen Tesla do a turnaround on such policies before. Like the child seats in model s.

Does anyone else have any info on this?

I emailed sales and they are saying that the Service Center will not install the lights as an after-production option. They come with the package as a whole. But we have seen Tesla do a turnaround on such policies before. Like the child seats in model s.
The Model S third row rear facing seats require additional rear bumper strengthening and I am surprised that Tesla ever added them to a car after production.

I highly doubt that Tesla will let the adaptive LED headlights be installed after production.

In early production all Model S had the dual rear boron-reinforced bumper with mount points for the rear facing seats. Sometime in 2013, only those models configured with the rear-facing seats had the dual reinforced bumpers and mount points. So Tesla was actually only able to install the rear seats on the early models that weren't configured initially with the seats, but were built with the reinforcements and mount points. Otherwise, I don't know if any other situation in which Tesla went back to install the seats on a Model S not initially configured with them. It's a hardware and safety issue.

With the cornering lights, it's a different issue. Hope it all works out for you!

I have the premium package. If the only thing you want in the premium package are the cornering lights, I wouldn't bother getting the whole package. They are not really worth it. The cornering lights are just an extra set of lights that point diagonally away from the corner off the car. These diagonal lights turn on when you turn the steering wheel pat a certain position.

The lights on the Tesla are not like cornering lights I've had in other cars that swivel based upon the steering wheel position. I find them less effective and certainly not worth $4,500.

I have the premium package. If the only thing you want in the premium package are the cornering lights, I wouldn't bother getting the whole package. They are not really worth it. The cornering lights are just an extra set of lights that point diagonally away from the corner off the car. These diagonal lights turn on when you turn the steering wheel pat a certain position.
Do you have the relatively new "Adaptive" LED Headlights or the older original cornering lights? The former are far more powerful and effective than the latter.