Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Matrix LED Lights (Finally)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’d be curious to see how it looks head on with light show. Older X lights turned on and off the individual led reflectors to the music which looked cool. I wonder if they are able to mimic that with the led cluster behind the projectors?
Same here.. I’ll try the included light shows and see how they look. I don’t have an older X to compare against but I’d at the very least like to see it do as much as my ‘22 MPY.

@SpoonMXP

Also - if anyone has a suggestion on the best way to "matte black out" the front chrome, please let me know. I DESPISE chrome and want that finish gone. :D

Thanks for the link to that @Hamrhead! I wasn’t aware that even existed, so I’m going to give it some serious consideration.. it’s the perfect compliment to the trim in the car and looks like a nice piece.

Looking at an inventory MX car, and my advisor says the car was built in June. Any suggestions on how to confirm if it has matrix lights? All he will say is that it has the latest tech installed.
If he has access to the car, ask him to send pics. If he can't do that, ask him to describe them to you. The matrix have two very distinct big round lenses. The old ones have around 7 individual light elements (like squares).

Another detail are the lines in the bottom front of the headlight. Old ones have somewhere around 5-7 lines, matrix have about twice as much.

Looking at an inventory MX car, and my advisor says the car was built in June. Any suggestions on how to confirm if it has matrix lights?

The sales associate over chat was able to tell me whether headlights are "Global Headlights" or "Premium" as tesla calls them. Global is the new Matrix headlights. Also, build date prior to June 14 is unlikely to have matrix headlights. I let go June 1 build because of this

Are they showing the different lights on the pictures on inventory cars?
June build:
1689774032374.png

March build:
1689774068644.png