Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

left to right shimmy when accelerating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had this twice on our 2013 P85. First time it was damaged toe-links on both sides. Then it was stable for about six months before the problem returned. After changing a small pile of suspension parts without improving the situation I asked to have the rear subframe bushings checked. And they were completely shot. Had to replace the entire subframe as it wasn`t possible to replace bushings only.

Had this twice on our 2013 P85. First time it was damaged toe-links on both sides. Then it was stable for about six months before the problem returned. After changing a small pile of suspension parts without improving the situation I asked to have the rear subframe bushings checked. And they were completely shot. Had to replace the entire subframe as it wasn`t possible to replace bushings only.

What kind of roads you driving on? Gravel?

I've never heard of subframe bushings on this car going.. wonder if this is a joy of the early P series RWD that had special geometry?

Your's an air suspension car?

lol
I Gots my shimmy back
Tesla found a Toe link in the rear causing the concern
They could not torque it to spect
They said its natural with how rear wheel drive cars are to have a little shimmy because how the torque it is dispersed to the rear
So they replaced and re aligned
also did a ride height calibration, and lubed my sunroof
It powers straight when punched now, and dose not squeak when I open my emergency escape hatch
Really glad to have it back
Did not like the Red 75D with the facelift loaner
I like my older leather seats, much easier to get in and out
Seat heaters work much better on my leather seats, believe it or not, my sitting position when driving is better with the older seats
Torque on acceleration had wild noises with AWD, i felt I was going to snap something. it made a really weird clunking noise
Smaller rear view mirror bugged me. I could see the black box on the wind shield, and all I could think about is how could I hide my blackvue. Did like the vanity lights on the sun visors. Can they be retro fitted?
Did not like the autopilot display on the newer version compared to my 1.0
I like my bigger car displayed on the screen. The clarity of the rear view camera was definitely better so was the screen
But back to my P90
Glad its back. Not ready to upgrade
So make note of this issue
Like another member said about my issue
I Toe'd you

Last edited:
Reactions: thecloud
upload_2019-4-2_16-44-33.png

I had precisely this issue. Took it to SC and drove with tech who could feel it. Turns out it was alignment. They realigned and it hasnt been back in a year. Perhaps there was also some toes or bushing replaced at the same time...