Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Legacy MX 2023.44.30.8 update - Additional AP nags?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2019 MX Raven

Ive been holding off on the update (still on 2023.44.1) due to the NTSB required nag increase

I haven’t come across any reviews specifically about standard AP working any different for the legacy cars

Can anyone confirm a difference in nags/operation?

TIA

Don’t have experience with the update but I just went from a 2019 to 2023. The new autopilot seems to nag me most when my eyes are not straight ahead (even when just looking at the center screen). I’m assuming they do this by using the interior camera. The good thing about the 2019 is that there is no interior camera. The steering wheel nags were never that bad cause I just leave one hand on the wheel most the time. But would be interested to know as well how the new update affects the models without interior cameras.

2019 MX Raven
Ive been holding off on the update (still on 2023.44.1) due to the NTSB required nag increase
I haven’t come across any reviews specifically about standard AP working any different for the legacy cars
Can anyone confirm a difference in nags/operation?
I cannot speak to your 2019 specifically, but the biggest difference I noticed was the amount of torque on the wheel, required to clear the nag, has increased. But the improvements in FSD and autopilot are really quite impressive IMO. I would apply the upgrade and learn to deal with the nags. They are not going away. You are missing out on a lot of improvements.

You might've been able to search for 2023.44 instead of starting a new thread... (see Anyone unhappy with update 2023.44.30.6?) I say this because the minor release versions (.6, .8) generally don't update the release note or driver experience much and because even if they did, pinging that thread to ask as much might trigger participants to update their comments therein. Personally, I wouldn't say there are any FSD improvements at all in 2023.44 as compared to 2023.27, in fact, I finally created a "NoFSD" profile in 2023.44.6 because FSDb got so frustrating, but I was quickly reminded of all the tradeoffs that got me putting up with FSDb over NAOP to begin with. Now that I have two profiles, it's a tough choice on some drives, because I know they're both going to suck.

OTOH, TBH, while I've not driven enough in .8 compared to .6 to be certain, it is possible that the nag experience I described in the linked thread is slightly improved between .6 and .8. It is also possible that I'm switching FSD off at the times when it otherwise would be at its worst or that there are other external factors to which I'm less perceptive.

Don’t have experience with the update but I just went from a 2019 to 2023. The new autopilot seems to nag me most when my eyes are not straight ahead (even when just looking at the center screen). I’m assuming they do this by using the interior camera. The good thing about the 2019 is that there is no interior camera. The steering wheel nags were never that bad cause I just leave one hand on the wheel most the time. But would be interested to know as well how the new update affects the models without interior cameras.
The standard autopilot nag is way too sensitive and shuts off auto pilot even when hands are on the wheel. I covered the cabin camera and it’s back to normal before the update.