Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leicester Owners Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm still a relative newbie -- so, grateful for help with what I think is a relevant question. From what I can tell, the chargers in Leicester are "V3". I have a 2017 Model S75D, with a Type 2 charging port -- do the cables in a V3 charging station fit this port?

I know that I can get the port changed so that the V3 cables fit. Would this give me faster charging speeds? Would my Type 2 cable still fit in the new port?
Unfortunately I think you will find that these are all CCS. Tesla should have made the adapter free considering the original cost of the S and X.

I'll be heading up to you lovely foxes on Friday. I'm hoping to make it to the Fosse park charger without too much range anxiety (I won't be stopping at my usual Newport charger prematurely). I'm after some advice as I'm unsure as to what to do, head back onto the M1 or go along the A5460 to get to Belgrave/Rushey fields.

I usually exit at 21a and go down the A46 up to Birstall to avoid the local traffic but I'll be exiting at 21 for a charge and I'm not sure going back to the M1 would be better. My guts telling me A5460 would be the best option, but what do the locals recommend?
As a former local... From Fosse Park to Rushey fields I’d probably take the A563 north (round the ring road) so you miss the centre

• Love
Reactions: s88ats
I'm still a relative newbie -- so, grateful for help with what I think is a relevant question. From what I can tell, the chargers in Leicester are "V3". I have a 2017 Model S75D, with a Type 2 charging port -- do the cables in a V3 charging station fit this port?

I know that I can get the port changed so that the V3 cables fit. Would this give me faster charging speeds? Would my Type 2 cable still fit in the new port?

Its an internal rewire needed on some earlier Model S and X to make the car electrically CCS compatible. An inline adaptor, supplied as part of the rewire package, then allows a CCS plug to be connected to your existing proprietary Tesla Type 2 socket on the car. Standard type 2 equipment continue to function as they do now.

Reactions: dbartram
I'll be heading up to you lovely foxes on Friday. I'm hoping to make it to the Fosse park charger without too much range anxiety (I won't be stopping at my usual Newport charger prematurely). I'm after some advice as I'm unsure as to what to do, head back onto the M1 or go along the A5460 to get to Belgrave/Rushey fields.

I usually exit at 21a and go down the A46 up to Birstall to avoid the local traffic but I'll be exiting at 21 for a charge and I'm not sure going back to the M1 would be better. My guts telling me A5460 would be the best option, but what do the locals recommend?
I'd get back on M1 and do your usual route off 21a. The ring road is ok but it does get busier in places.

Just wondering for those of us Leicester based people...

We're smack bang in the middle of the country and there's plenty of roads in all directions so I wondered, what is the best you have managed in 1 hit without charging?

I have a 2020 M3P and the best I have done on 1 charge is Countesthorpe to Leeds and back at 214 miles door to door.

Most times I've done that have been generally ok weather, not rrally warm days but not bad. Also, that was with me occasionally sitting at 75mph but always generally at 70mph which I know can eat range a little bit.

I did it one time in December when the weather was poor, cold and rainy. The difference in the range due to poor conditions is incredible. Really big energy usage in the rain and cold.

So fortunately it was open and I was able to get upto 200kw! Worked out perfectly without me having to stop prematurely at Northampton as I've been doing.

I timed it for the evening, me and a model s enjoyed the place to ourselves.
IMG_20210415_224404.jpg

I use Walkers in Wigston for my home builds but they haven't yet put a tyre on my Tesla yet. Rears are getting low so will soon find out.
I use them for BlackCircles purchases.
You could always talk to them first as they are great guys. Then again the Kwik Fit is just across the road! :D

Reactions: davidmc
I use Walkers in Wigston for my home builds but they haven't yet put a tyre on my Tesla yet. Rears are getting low so will soon find out.
I use them for BlackCircles purchases.
You could always talk to them first as they are great guys. Then again the Kwik Fit is just across the road! :D
Many thanks for that

My wife told me try Tyres Galore (near Victoria park). So phoned them and they said they can and have done a few Teslas before. They charge £15/each tyre for 18inch (includes valves, balancing etc). Takes about 1hr to do all 4 and they said just call the day before to get it done the next day.

Reactions: Rustybkts
I recommend Walkers Pro-Tyre on Narb Road South (side road, same side as Asda). They repaired my left rear when I had a puncture.

I presume you have jack pucks?
Many thanks all

@stonecoldrmw I do have the pucks, just need to empty my boot out to find them!

Tyres I have ordered are the Vredestein Quatrac Pro. They have £50 cashback on 4 tyres ordered before end of April at Camskill. All in Inc fitting £470 which takes into account the cashback.

Since taking delivery last month I haven't had need to use a supercharger yet.
Wanted to make sure I know what I'm doing before a few long trips planned for next weekend.
My nearest one is Leicester. Is there a way of checking it's open/working before leaving?