Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leilani Munter thought

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for sharing Leiani. I have been fantasizing about a Model S, but did not see all the nice non-leather options. If I ever get healthy enough to drive again, I'll ask Tesla for a "Leiani Special", though maybe different exterior.

:rolleyes:

And thanks for your inspiring talk! I was wiping tears the whole time...

Unfortunately, work (to help pay for my S) kept me away from TESLIVE. I watched the video feed and was quite impressed with Leilani's apparently heartfelt comments. My particular favorite part was the "it's you, not me" comments about her breaking up with big oil! :wink:

I have been in an area with very bad internet connection so I am just now getting to browse the forum and see all the feedback and photos from TESLIVE. Thank you for the kind comments everyone. Regarding my reading from my notes - I also wish I could have delivered the speech without any notes, but I would have likely forgotten much of what I wanted to say. I had an absolutely fantastic time at TESLIVE, thank you so much to all those present, it was great to meet all of you, and of course thank you so much the organizers for inviting me to speak, it was an honor!
View attachment 26368

Thank you Leilani. Since you didn't reply before I was afraid that you didn't like this thread. I didn't know that you had a bad Internet connection.
Your speech at TESLIVE was GREAT!

Last edited:
and one of my favorite features: non leather seats and steering wheel. No dead cows in my Model S! :smile:

Good choice Leilani. I will do the same in case I will manage to buy the Model S. :smile:

- - - Updated - - -

It will come with the cloth textile seats that are an option for the base Model S (but not the Performance yet)

That's right Leilani. How is it possible to get the cloth textile seats and the Performance Model S together?
I would like an option for the Performance Model S interior be called "Leilani style interior" meaning an environmental choice for the Model S interior. I think it would be a good idea also as advertisment for Tesla.

That's right Leilani. How is it possible to get the cloth textile seats and the Performance Model S together?
I would like an option for the Performance Model S interior be called "Leilani style interior" meaning an environmental choice for the Model S interior. I think it would be a good idea also as advertisment for Tesla.

Elon is making an exception for me, but I hope it will become an option for everyone in the future - someone posted this petition on my FB which asks Tesla to make it an option for everyone. I personally know a couple of people that skipped the performance model just so they could avoid the leather Ask Tesla Motors to offer Non-Leather / Vegan options for all models. - The Petition Site

I wish I could but unfortunately the car is top secret until the movie comes out next year. The director isn't letting very many people know, so outside of Elon and a couple others, most everyone at Tesla doesn't even know what is happening. I can say with confidence you will love it and that it will be the coolest car I ever drive! Cooler even than my race cars because while there are plenty of NASCAR and IndyCars, there will only be ONE IN THE WORLD of this very special Tesla. I can't wait for you all to see it!

A Model S skateboard with a carbon fiber race car top? ;)

(EDIT: Make that a Model X AWD 2-motor skateboard.)

Last edited:
Is the movie you are talking about being directed by Chris Paine? I heard he was going to do a 3rd documentary on electric cars.

I recall you said the first Tesla you ever drove was Chris' Roadster.

Nope. It is from the makers of the Academy Award winning film The Cove

There is a little teaser from the new film here, from a successful kickstarter campaign they did last year, they have been filming this for several years already, i joined the team a year and a half ago, and the movie will come out next year: THE HEIST by Oceanic Preservation Society Kickstarter

Last edited by a moderator:
A little OT but being that my wife & I are also divers and having been fortunate enough to swim with dolphins in the wild, we thank you for your efforts in continuing to expose and stop things like what are documented in The Cove. We have not personally seen this movie and not sure we could actually watch it but support the efforts of preventing things like this from occurring!

Nope. It is from the makers of the Academy Award winning film The Cove

There is a little teaser from the new film here, from a successful kickstarter campaign they did last year, they have been filming this for several years already, i joined the team a year and a half ago, and the movie will come out next year: THE HEIST by Oceanic Preservation Society Kickstarter

Last edited by a moderator:

Just to avoid a misperception the article encourages: While methane contributes to global warming short-term, and possibly to exponential cycles of reinforcement, it is *not* considered worse than carbon dioxide, since it doesn't stay in the atmosphere very long. Whereas carbon dioxide will accumulate there, making things worse and worse.