Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lemon Lawsuit for Model X refund

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A proof given by the author of the lawsuit for a failed AutoGarage that stalled in the middle of the process:

I am surprised that he doesn't understand that it's an Autopilot system that recruits Test Pilots and those who paid the bucks would get the job of testing the system out!

A proof given by the author of the lawsuit for a failed AutoGarage that stalled in the middle of the process:

I am surprised that he doesn't understand that it's an Autopilot system that recruits Test Pilots and those who paid the bucks would get the job of testing the system out!
Someone in the comments mentioned the light might be the cause. What I noticed is what appears to be a change in the road surface. I remember that there is a torque limit to the summon feature, such that if there is a lip near the garage door, sometimes the car won't make it over.

Someone in the comments mentioned the light might be the cause. What I noticed is what appears to be a change in the road surface. I remember that there is a torque limit to the summon feature, such that if there is a lip near the garage door, sometimes the car won't make it over.
But aren't both of those things that should have been noticed during testing and the system optimized for those? Every garage I know has a light and many garages have a noticeable bump and a different surface.

Wait. Didn't that feature using the double tap P from the interior and having to select from the console for forward or reverse just show up in the Model X firmware this last weekend? How could that feature be disputed in his claim filed weeks before?

Tesla bought Barrett Lyon's X back to settle his lawsuit:

Tesla Settles Lawsuit Over Model X Design Flaws - Fortune

Of course, the ICE media implies there are design flaws. Tesla "quietly agreed to take the Model X back" -- implying there are design flaws.

We should check CPE to see if it appears, or perhaps it will become a demo car?

Apparently, he signed the "onerous" NDA, since he told the Fortune writer he could not comment -- a standard agreement anyway when most lawsuits are settled -- and only stated TSLA took it back. He still owns a Roadster and Model S.