Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's Play "What's It Worth"!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everyone's favorite game except not at all. 2013 S85, air suspension, Tech Package, Ambient LED lights, 19" wheels, UHFS and Pano.

44,000 miles, Pearl White over black, great condition. The downsides, A series pack and a low VIN so no parking sensors or folding mirrors.

Brutal honesty appreciated. I'm looking to grab another S but only if I'm being realistic on the value of my car.

I'm thinking $52,000?

If you guys dont mind answering, what was your purchase price? Are your cars worth more or less than 50% of the purchase price after three years?

I paid $52,000 6 months ago. Obviously I bought it used though. :)

I have a very similar car, built more recently than yours so I have parking sensors and power mirrors. See my signature for the options on my car. Have a B pack. A few months ago Tesla offered my a trade-in value of $55K. I think you are about $2-3K low.

I'd be delighted to get 55k for it. I'd happily sell it for 52k to be rid of it quickly though. Minus the $1500 taxes, that would basically mean driving the car for free for 6 months.

I think that if you included the ESA in the price you'd have buyers willing to go $52K for it. Seeing some P85s CPOs with similar miles and more optioned going for $55K. These are CPOs that aren't listed but a few examples of this have popped up in the past week or two from other TMC members.

Curiously, do you base that price on opinion or historical sales? I see absolutely nothing to suggest that 85s are selling for that little. I feel like if I put the car up for $46,000 people would be beating down my door.

I mean if that's what it is that's what it is but I'd like to see data to back that price up and by my own research I'm just not seeing it. I'm open to being wrong though.

Curiously, do you base that price on opinion or historical sales? I see absolutely nothing to suggest that 85s are selling for that little. I feel like if I put the car up for $46,000 people would be beating down my door.

I mean if that's what it is that's what it is but I'd like to see data to back that price up and by my own research I'm just not seeing it. I'm open to being wrong though.
I think you are absolutely correct if you post it on Craigslist and Autotrader for $52K then you'll be in the "driver's seat" for a sale. Steer clear of posting here as I think people are more aware of what's happening with CPO prices and the newer options here than elsewhere. Sorry for all the bad car puns....

There have been a number of recent S 85 eBay sales ranging (not counting salvage/rebuilt cars) from $43.5K to $53.6K. A 2013 S P85 with 16K miles also sold for just $50K.

Additionally, a member of this forum was recently offering an S 85 with 43K miles for $50K but I’m not sure what it actually sold for.

Should definitely be under $50K. More closer low $40K since it's A battery and earlier VIN with more issues. Non-CPO pushes the price even further because chances are the owners will not refurb the car before selling and the car will not the CPO warranty. Unless of course the car has Extended Service Agreement. Look at the history of sold CPO S85. Ev-CPO.com will have the price history, but you have to pay to get it.

I'd say mid to high $40s, though many private sale listings seem to be higher that is warranted, IMO. I would probably list it for like $49 and see what happens.

Are all CPOs listed on teslas website? I don't see many cars listed at the moment.

Also, the CPOs i saw on teslas website were added 6 months ago (especially the old S60). Isnt the price highly negotiable?

No and No. You can't see all the official CPO's Tesla website without clicking through each city one by one. To see those, it's better to use a consolidator website like ev-cpo.com or teslainventory.com. What's more, there are lots of CPO cars not listed on the Tesla site at all. To find out about those, you have to contact a CPO adviser.

Price is not negotiable on CPOs.

My 1 week new to me CPO with the same options and mileage as your car with the B battery pack (less the UHFS) and in Black over Tan Leather.

I am in no way looking to sell my car (maybe buy a 2nd one for my wife) but if someone wanted to pay mid 50's I'd seriously consider it b/c everything is for sale :)