Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lets see your garage!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
30035775073_e95274a772_b.jpg

Like EV-lutioin I hang my cable from the ceiling to keep it out of the way and off the floor. Some of those garages shown above are amazingly clean. Here I live on a dirt road in snow country and the mud and melting snow pile up on the garage floor until I can get it hosed out in the spring. Different world here in the rural mountains.

Things were fairly clean when I took this picture last April:

26377718142_174b539a11_z.jpg

these are some beautiful garages! please post more details about services used and products installed. thanks!
I used a local company here in the Bay Area for the cabinets and floors. The floor is rock solid and won't chip or peel. The company first sands the cement to open the pores. Then they apply the undercoat and spread out the flakes to give it depth and texture. After a couple of days of drying, they applied a heavy coat of clear polyurethane, which is hard and won't be damaged by wheels turning on it.

I had the same company also install my cabinets. I opted for 1" shelves since I have heavy items in the cabinets and didn't want the shelves to bow over time.

My contractor friend took care of the heavy lifting (the attic, electrical, insulation, drywall, etc. )

Reactions: DIL
I like your cable management system - I ordered the short cord since I didn't want a bunch of loops but that looks nice.

I thought about the short cord, but I got the long so I can still charge if I am parked in the driveway or on the other side of the garage for some reason. It has come in handy twice, once my garage was full of a bunch of junk, and a second I had rented a camper trailer and didn't want to pull all the way in to the garage. I am planning on getting a second Wall Connector with the short cord for Model 3 when it arrives to replace the LEAF and I will get rid of my J1772 station.

Reactions: OBX John