Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's talk about the future of Tesla Motors Club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree. I wish Tesla Motors would adopt/buy these forums. Reading Teslas forums is like going back to 1st grade. Nobody there knows much.

I agree but it's nice the official forum is kind of a the only one known by most people. All of the perpetual motion and solar panel threads are over there. I understand there were a lot of posts like that here in the beginning too though. The forum software Tesla uses is horrible though, I agree.

I agree. I wish Tesla Motors would adopt/buy these forums. Reading Teslas forums is like going back to 1st grade. Nobody there knows much.

They're not going to adopt them, because they don't have control. And I sure hope they don't buy them. Frankly, these forums are better managed, and have a much higher signal-to-noise ratio.

It would be a huge improvement if they adopted the same forum software, though!

I think it's important these forums stay independent.

Actually, short of trolls, i don't think we had too much discussion about perpetual motion type stuff. While at the beginning the discussions were quite technical, they were sensible.

I can understand where you are coming from. It just bothers me that the official Tesla website has such poor and full of misinformation forums.

Most people that first hear of Tesla go straight to their website, and I'm sure it's not good to have such nonsense there. This forum is full of the kind of information a potential customer or an actual Tesla owner needs.

One of the latest forum updates seems to have broken the "go to first unread post" links from both the New Posts top level search and from the top of individual forums. I'm so used to doing "New Posts" then Cmd-clicking the first new post icon for each thread to pre-load up a bunch of stuff and read through things faster.

One of the latest forum updates seems to have broken the "go to first unread post" links from both the New Posts top level search and from the top of individual forums. I'm so used to doing "New Posts" then Cmd-clicking the first new post icon for each thread to pre-load up a bunch of stuff and read through things faster.

Are you logged on? The forum tracks unread status in the user information. FYI, to be clear, the link you're using, it is the little round chevron to the left of the thread title?

First... thanks for providing a space on the intenet where I can share in the joy of Tesla Motors and its product offerings with the other members on this forum.

My suggestion for a new forum name would be "EverythingEV.com" which allows for the coverage of anything EV related. A drawback may be having to manage something twice the size of this forum but it will open up the discussions.

Again, thanks for allow this geek/nerd to become and even bigger geek/nerd. LOL!!!!! Godspeed....

Are you logged on? The forum tracks unread status in the user information. FYI, to be clear, the link you're using, it is the little round chevron to the left of the thread title?
Chevron ?!!? What's a Chevron ? (Besides ... this is an EV Forum is it not ??! LOL ( I still hate the new emoticons! )

(Don't reply ... this is a rhetorical "rant".)

Yes, logged on, and yes, little chevron on the blue button. Worked on Sunday, not yesterday or today. In Chrome, of course.

If, on one of the thread pages, I click on the View First Unread link at the thread top banner, the page briefly flashes to a location on the page that seems somewhat correct, then goes back to the top, and the View First Unread link is absent at that point.

I went back to the latest Chrome on the stable channel, and it shows the issue, too. It's like the forum is double-acting on an event or something.

Last edited:
I haven't noticed anything unusual lately. I use IE8. But after SByers note ... the "chevron" is there next to "View First Unread" in a particular thread. But not sure what is being talked about by "go to first unread" ... I don't know where to find that. I haven't had to log in in ages, so I don't have TEGs problem. But something I just noticed, (being prompted to poke around due to the reported issue), clicking the button "Forum Tools" in the header of a listing of several threads shows four BLANK choices, which only become "visible" when you hover over them (each one in turn, then rest go blank again).

I'm using Safari; father of Chrome without issue. I've tried IE8 also without issue. I don't want to get into a browser debate but I've seen more issues with chrome rendering and javascript processing that with other browsers.

To get to the bottom of this I find pictures are better than words; would you mind attaching screen shots to help me see the issue?

One last thing, we're two point releases behind the current version of vBulletin; they're always patching these sort of bugs. We're not at the latest release as they're having all sorts or scripting exploits with the 4.0.8 current release... they're already on patch number 2 but when that settles I'll update.

Thanks as always.

It looks like things have changed for the better over at the tesla website forums. I'm guessing that the newly visible threads with the key symbol have migrated from the owners forum?

Screenshots of issue with blank menus in ForumTools attached.

Attachments

• ForumToolsIssue1.jpg
    ForumToolsIssue1.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 96
  • ForumToolsIssue2.jpg
    ForumToolsIssue2.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 76
  • ForumToolsIssue3.jpg
    ForumToolsIssue3.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 77