Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lex Fridman interviews Andrej Karpathy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From his questioning it sounds like Lex appreciates FSD's challenge and possible shortcomings. And probably no surprise Karpathy's timeline for autonomy is open-ended based on belief and intuition. On the other hand, he says the Tesla Bot will take a long time to solve. I bet Musk doesn't agree.

Interesting when he described the early days when the self driving system failed from quick turns or when the roadway rose or fell away. I have an intersection and roadways where I suspect there's still a remaining remnant of that. Probably an inherent issue that can only be minimized.

Interesting when he described the early days when the self driving system failed from quick turns or when the roadway rose or fell away. I have an intersection and roadways where I suspect there's still a remaining remnant of that. Probably an inherent issue that can only be minimized.
I failed too the first time I was on Lombard St and could not see where the road was due to the big dip. I actually backed away and did not drive down.

Reactions: Cosmacelf