Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lexus RX 350 to Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I own both also. 2021 MYP and 2016 RX 350 with Luxury package. I usually drive the Y on weekdays, then the RX on the weekend. RX is more of a family car with wider seats, Y is more of a personal car. The bottom line is that i miss driving the Y when i drive the RX. But I dont miss the RX while drive the Y. You get the idea.View attachment 654048
I live in NY as well. How does your MY compare in the winter and do you have a home charger? I would be trading in my Lexus RX350 for the ModelY, I think the Lexus is way too big for me. It rides somewhat soft and I feel like it is a big boat and I am still not used to it after having it for 5 months. I miss my sporty BMW X3 but the maintenance after the warranty was really costly, i guess I got a dud.. I am seriously thinking of moving towards the MY. I test drove it and will test drive it again since the version I ordered is not coming in for months.

Upvote 0
Went from an NX200t to Model Y. An upgrade in luxury? I wouldn't say so. Lexus was far superior in comfort, leather quality and feel. But as soon as I drove the Tesla, I knew I was willing to give that all up. Infotainment system, tech, driving experience, and acceleration all are something I find is an upgrade. Everything else, not so much. That being said, I'd do it again and again.
To be blunt. Lexus/toyota infotainment/tech has been trash and long overdue for an upgrade. Giving up both in Lexus isn't exactly a tough situation.

Upvote 0
I am tempted to make a similar move but from a 2020 Toyota Highlander AWD Platinum to a Model Y Performance. The only thing stopping me is I hate paying a ton for a car and once the Y jumped up, its making it a very hard decision for me to make the move. Affording it is not the issue, its me mentally paying that much for a car is stopping me. The HL only has 6600 miles, but the urge to get a Y after being in my friends M3 has got me the itch. I don't need a ton of space like the HL has either. Enough for 4 adults comfortably and luggage room. The Y costing as much as a Rivian R1T is also a bit funny.

Upvote 0