Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model y doesnt stop for pedestrian crossing road while driving forward , no chimes , nothing, no alert , AP not engaged . any suggestions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model y doesnt stop for pedestrian crossing road while driving forward at night , no chimes , nothing, no alert , AP not engaged .luckily , he stoppped walking at the middle of crosswalk looking at me .I was looking at LCD screen for radio for 2 seconds .
I am not happy , just got the car . 2023 lexus rx 350 has way more safety options than this.
Any suggestions, Is there an adjustment on the LCD to apply ?

Don’t know about 2023 and having “way more” safety features but here’s the official euro ncap testing results.

The RX does score better for pedestrian warning. Tesla scores better in other areas.

Make sure you review the early collision warning and set to early. Can also set your headlights to auto high beam. Maybe the vision didn’t see the person.

Reactions: Zoomit and rmrm
Don’t know about 2023 and having “way more” safety features but here’s the official euro ncap testing results.

The RX does score better for pedestrian warning. Tesla scores better in other areas.

Make sure you review the early collision warning and set to early. Can also set your headlights to auto high beam. Maybe the vision didn’t see the person.
Is set to early , also set to auto high beam .
This happened last night . Car next to me stopped , my car just went passing through
The crosswalk. I can see the guy staring at me . Is it supposed to alert me and stop . Am I missing something.?

• Disagree
Reactions: TSLY
This happened last night . Car next to me stopped , my car just went passing through
The crosswalk. I can see the guy staring at me . Is it supposed to alert me and stop . Am I missing something.?

I don’t know of any other settings to possibly affect this.

Was the car next to you closer to the pedestrian?

Did your car have enough room to go through without hitting the pedestrian?

Are you really asking "Hey, I wasnt looking at the road and my car did not stop on its own for a pedestrian, WTF is wrong with my car?"

Perhaps the car next to you stopped because the driver was driving the car and stopped it themselves?

The car will not automatically stop for pedestrians waiting to cross the street. If the pedestrian was directly in your path of travel, the car probably would have stopped, but that is not guaranteed. If Full Self Driving beta was engaged, it might have stopped depending on what the pedestrian was doing. Always pay attention to the road and be prepared to take appropriate action - that includes not interacting with the touch screen when approaching dark intersections and crosswalks.

I am not trying to defend Tesla software one bit, but you did not have FSD, and AP was not engaged. Are you implying you were foot on the throttle while NOT looking at the road, a pedestrian walked in front of your car, and you are surprised it did not stop?

Were you pressing the accelerator, or am I missing something?

Reactions: DaveG_NJ
Yes you are missing something, look out the windshield! Pay attention, you’re the driver. Only reason someone didn’t die and your not in jail is because the pedestrian was smarter than the Tesla driver.

When then guy in the lane next to you stopped, that was a clue.

I can’t believe you posted this blaming the car.

Model y doesnt stop for pedestrian crossing road while driving forward at night , no chimes , nothing, no alert , AP not engaged .luckily , he stoppped walking at the middle of crosswalk looking at me .I was looking at LCD screen for radio for 2 seconds .
I am not happy , just got the car . 2023 lexus rx 350 has way more safety options than this.
Any suggestions, Is there an adjustment on the LCD to apply ?
Why did you expect it to stop if you were driving?

Reactions: AlexHung

Yeah, you are missing that as the driver you are supposed to stop. The car next to you stopped cause the guy hit the brake pedal.

Why do you think the car will always automatically stop for pedestrians? You seriously need to review the cars features before you injure someone.

I don't get it I read both reports. My car NEVER alerts me when a pedestrian walks past my car when backing up