Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LFP Vs NCA? One more desirable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a M3 SR on order with an eta delivery date of November-December and was contacted today by my SA that they have one as I spec for immediate delivery if I want.

Only thing is it has a China made battery vs US.

is there something negative about m3 with China batteries?

If you check the tesla website, all new SR+ orders are now 262 miles which means LFP batteries. I believe currently LFP batteries are only coming from China, so chances are you may be getting the LFP battery anyway.
Correct but the ones that are available now in existing inventory show 253 range and my local SA is stating these all have China batteries. Worries on resale and any long term issues.

Attachments

• EAF290C2-3325-4D0B-8F9F-CE1285B7EFA7.png
    EAF290C2-3325-4D0B-8F9F-CE1285B7EFA7.png
    381.4 KB · Views: 239
  • Funny
Reactions: BMWM3Man
Correct but the ones that are available now in existing inventory show 253 range and my local SA is stating these all have China batteries. Worries on resale and any long term issues.
People who have gotten deliveries of the LFP battery cars have posted pictures of the window sticker showing EPA rating of 262 miles. Unless CATL from China is now sharing its battery technology with Panasonic or any other battery provider, chances are new SR+ will be getting Chinese batteries in the foreseeable future.

Reactions: C4sxm5

It's true the Chinese LFP has only 253 which is 10 miles less than the US version of 263 but there's a small print: You don't have to worry about your Chinese battery longevity when you charge 100% all the time, every time which you do need to worry with the US version.

We got a SRP LFP in September and specifically chose it. We wanted the ability to charge 100% every time and get full range. This care is used as a daily commuter and its just less to worry about. Back then I believe Tesla was saying 253 Range for LFP and 261 for NCA but at 80% that's 209 and at 90% that's 234...

I just picked up our second M3 LR and it doesn't have LFP but with the additional range 80/90% charge is fine by me.