Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifted Model Y Owners: Report!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. Can I ask your wheel/tire combo for the 1" lift? That adds 2" to tire diameter?
Ah, disregard, I see tire/wheel combs that add 1.6 inches to tire diameter without issue. But it seems like 29.6" tire diameter is a practical limit.

On an unrelated topic: anyone try the PU leveling spacers to lift? If I don't want a 1.7 or 1.85" lift, but only a 0.8" lift, it seems like an inexpensive and reasonable solution. Any reason to stay away from polyurethane and stick with aluminum spacers? And are any shorter aluminum spacers available anywhere?

Reactions: Jigglypuff
Ah, disregard, I see tire/wheel combs that add 1.6 inches to tire diameter without issue. But it seems like 29.6" tire diameter is a practical limit.

On an unrelated topic: anyone try the PU leveling spacers to lift? If I don't want a 1.7 or 1.85" lift, but only a 0.8" lift, it seems like an inexpensive and reasonable solution. Any reason to stay away from polyurethane and stick with aluminum spacers? And are any shorter aluminum spacers available anywhere?
Make sure the spacer can accommodate the top rear spring perch. The MPP one can seat on top of it, but my PU didn’t fit. I had to get a refund but seller didn’t want to provide shipping back so I kept them.

With my spare time I ended up having to dremal the rubber part off of the perch to seat it on top of the spacer, so it goes spring/spacer/perch
IMG_5562.jpeg

Make sure the spacer can accommodate the top rear spring perch. The MPP one can seat on top of it, but my PU didn’t fit. I had to get a refund but seller didn’t want to provide shipping back so I kept them.

With my spare time I ended up having to dremal the rubber part off of the perch to seat it on top of the spacer, so it goes spring/spacer/perchView attachment 1040195
Can you share which vendor sold you the spacer that doesn't fit?

With my spare time I ended up having to dremal the rubber part off of the perch to seat it on top of the spacer, so it goes spring/spacer/perchView attachment 1040195
Was it the MPP spacers that you had to dremel to fit?

Before and After. Falken Wildpeak AT Trails 245/55/R19 on stock Gemini wheels on unmodified MYLR. No rubbing, no contact even at full turns. Bottom of the car rides about 0.9" higher. Boot under mudflap for illustrative purposes.
The tire is officially 29.7" in diameter (per Falken), which every technical source will say is too big. The stock rim is 9.5" wide and Falken only approves the tire for 8.5" max width rims, but it works.
I have only put 50 miles on them. Noticeably louder but not too bad. Tiny increase in watts/mile, once you adjust for the MPH and mileage being off because of the increased tire diameter.

Attachments

• BeforeAfter.jpg
    BeforeAfter.jpg
    420.8 KB · Views: 1
Before and After. Falken Wildpeak AT Trails 245/55/R19 on stock Gemini wheels on unmodified MYLR. No rubbing, no contact even at full turns. Bottom of the car rides about 0.9" higher. Boot under mudflap for illustrative purposes.
The tire is officially 29.7" in diameter (per Falken), which every technical source will say is too big. The stock rim is 9.5" wide and Falken only approves the tire for 8.5" max width rims, but it works.
I have only put 50 miles on them. Noticeably louder but not too bad. Tiny increase in watts/mile, once you adjust for the MPH and mileage being off because of the increased tire diameter.

That’s really strange that you managed to fit a 29.7’’ diameter wheel+tire . Perhaps the stretch to get on the 9.5’’ width wheel lowered the actual wheel+tire diameter?

My 29.4’’ diameter (265/45/20) wheel+tire is a few millimeters away from rubbing the steering knuckle as illustrated in the attached picture.

Attachments

• IMG_0774.jpeg
    IMG_0774.jpeg
    569.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Informative
Reactions: Atraf