Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifted Model Y Owners: Report!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did a thing today. Went out to Rig’d for the new, not yet officially released UltraSwing R spare tire carrier. It was made for the Rivians but works with the Model Y as well. Added their side panel that will get a 5lbs. propane tank holder and on the backside is their fold down table for my camp stove and probably a 2gal. Rotopax container for water next to it. This thing is amazing. I think it looks great on the car as well. One step closer and another puzzle piece for my build. So close to being able to get out on the trails and do some camping.

Attachments

• IMG_1962.jpeg
    IMG_1962.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 27
Did a thing today. Went out to Rig’d for the new, not yet officially released UltraSwing R spare tire carrier. It was made for the Rivians but works with the Model Y as well. Added their side panel that will get a 5lbs. propane tank holder and on the backside is their fold down table for my camp stove and probably a 2gal. Rotopax container for water next to it. This thing is amazing. I think it looks great on the car as well. One step closer and another puzzle piece for my build. So close to being able to get out on the trails and do some camping.
I've been looking at these. When are they releasing it?

Does it block the rear camera (I can live with that)?

Is there an option to add a bike carrier? If yes then wow...all set...what more would anyone need?

Finally, this is much much better for aero and range than a roof rack, right?

Installing a lift. Researched MPP spacers vs Eibach springs. I’ve installed Eibach springs and shocks before on a GX470 so familiar with their products which are high quality. However, they only offer springs for Tesla. They do not offer long travel shocks, and my concern is that without them ride quality and light off-road capability will be poor.

Has anyone here installed the Eibach lift springs on their model Y? Results?

Installing a lift. Researched MPP spacers vs Eibach springs. I’ve installed Eibach springs and shocks before on a GX470 so familiar with their products which are high quality. However, they only offer springs for Tesla. They do not offer long travel shocks, and my concern is that without them ride quality and light off-road capability will be poor.

Has anyone here installed the Eibach lift springs on their model Y? Results?
Lift springs on stock shocks sounds like an awkward, rough ride. MPP preserves stock comfort/feel.

Reactions: CarPortal
Just curious. For those running AT tires, what psi do you set it at? I’ve been setting mine at 39 psi cold. Falken wildpeaks on stock gemini
Same tires, same pressures 39psi cold - have close to 50k miles on my set of Wildpeaks on Method MR502's and have been running those pressures the entire time. Almost at the tread wear bars and I will be replacing with the exact same tires. Grip in the rain and snow makes me feel almost invincible.

Same tires, same pressures 39psi cold - have close to 50k miles on my set of Wildpeaks on Method MR502's and have been running those pressures the entire time. Almost at the tread wear bars and I will be replacing with the exact same tires. Grip in the rain and snow makes me feel almost invincible.
I’m at around 60k miles all four measuring 6/32. Grip in rain and snow is definitely the selling point for these tires. Looking for next set of tires and I might try the nokian wrg5 if i can find them.

Any reports from people who have lifted (spacers, springs, or coilovers) and then went back to normal height? Why? Some people warn about CV joint wear increased with lifts, is this really a problem now that people have been lifted for a few years?
I thought about going back to stock height, but my ear to ear grin prevents me from doing so. Within the last couple hundred miles started to hear the dreaded clicking while turning which I would assume is CV joint. I have about 9k in the last year with TSportline spacer lift and Falken Wildpeak 255/55/18's.

I thought about going back to stock height, but my ear to ear grin prevents me from doing so. Within the last couple hundred miles started to hear the dreaded clicking while turning which I would assume is CV joint. I have about 9k in the last year with TSportline spacer lift and Falken Wildpeak 255/55/18's.
So, as a rule of thumb, someone with a 1.8" lift may need to replace CV joints every 15-20k miles?