Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Light Harmonic speaker HONEST review and install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at LH speakers for my 2023 MSP and sub. They say compatible amp coming out sometime this year
I hadn't heard of this company before. Sound is pretty decent for me at least in the 2023 LR.
But looks like the amp is out

Are people pretty happy with just the 2 front door speaker upgrade on the LR Model S? Thanks.

When you're taking the door card off for LH installation, it is not much more effort to add dynamat. Definitely see the effort to remove the black plastic cover with a door module on the inner sheet and dynamat between metal door sheets. Don't go crazy on adding material wherever the door card is tightly fit, I had to readjust many times and get new clips when I did. Be smart about adding soft material too, don't create places for moisture to gather, and of course ensure that all moving parts still fit. Buy good materials and tools, you'll curse yourself if you save on these as the more expensive ones are typically nicer to work with. Doors are a good and easy place to start, although don't expect much impact on road noise. It'll mainly make mid-bass less resonant.

Wheel wells are not hard to do. The biggest job is to clean the surfaces once you have the liner out. Use brake cleaner. If you can use a proper lift, it is easy work. I did mine in the dark, cold rain and using a jack lift... This was the biggest single impact on road noise, although I did not do any measurements at any point. Especially with wells, be smart to not make any trap for moisture.

Trunk with wheel arches and all is a bit of work depending how thorough you want to be, and it is easy to create difficult fit for reassembly. It was worth the effort though even if I thought the facelift car seems to have some effort done by Tesla.

LH speakers are a bit expensive so you can probably get a good custom build with tweeters and crossover for the same price done by professionals. It's mostly worth doing in the front as rear is so strangely faint DSP:t at the MCU. Not sure if it's same for UHFS,
Would the 2 front door speakers plus dynamat be a decent first start project along with wheel wells?

For trunk are you talking about front trunk or rear lift gate? Thanks.

Reactions: Cheburashka