Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lighted door sill plates By Norm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there such a design for the model X?

Yes there is. They are made by Tesland. same company who made them for the S, until Norm start copying them.

IMG_1817.JPG
IMG_1815.JPG

I had been meaning to post in this thread. I recently got Norm's lighted sill plates and installed them in my MS P90D. Wonderful quality and looks superb, fast shipping and USA made to boot. Plus saved a ton of money over the competition.

Norm was one of the first one to order.
The Tesland ones have improved a lot since than.

Norm has the benefit of being on our side of the ocean so his shipping and possible costs are lower. No doubt he couldn't compete in Europe. You need to license, copyright and/or trademark your designs to get legal standing and then a US lawyer may cost far more than you could get, but it would likely be worth your while to start the protection paperwork, but maybe not the enforcement...

As long as Tesland are buying the sills from Tesla, they arn't violating Tesla (tm), both are modifying them and reselling them. Now if they were creating them from scratch, then Tesla might get interested.

Is there a core charge discount or is it not worth it to you to get my non illuminated sills back for the next order?

I just noticed that on the model x sills pic above - when lit up, it looks like the letters are spaced too close together.

Is this just an illusion from the led light bleeding into the picture or do the letters actually need to be spaced further apart ?

Visually, my sense is if the letters were spaced 10-15% wider, it would be perfect.

Also would love to see sills that say “Tesla” in the original font

I just noticed that on the model x sills pic above - when lit up, it looks like the letters are spaced too close together.

Is this just an illusion from the led light bleeding into the picture or do the letters actually need to be spaced further apart ?

Visually, my sense is if the letters were spaced 10-15% wider, it would be perfect.

Also would love to see sills that say “Tesla” in the original font

Tesland has them. For MS and MX. White of red lighting

About spacing; it is exactly the same as in the standard MS sills.

F8E6CDF7-FA94-495C-93FF-0206B9963008.jpeg
FBCAD059-8358-4C94-9878-4A39E83B6178.jpeg

You need to license, copyright and/or trademark your designs to get legal standing and then a US lawyer may cost far more than you could get, but it would likely be worth your while to start the protection paperwork, but maybe not the enforcement...

Is there a core charge discount or is it not worth it to you to get my non illuminated sills back for the next order?

Licensing is too costly for this products.
It is just a matter of fairness....

Why core change? The aluminum pieces aren’t reused. They are replaced by stainless steel parts.

Norm’s cubby drawer has been excellent as was his customer service. Zero drama from Norm, unlike certain other vendors who range from unstable to belligerent to merely annoyingly inexperienced.

So I will order a set of door sill plates from Norm, although there is one modification I would like to make. Will post pics if we can pull it off.

• Informative
Reactions: Joe F
Also installed Norms sill plates two months ago. I asked for blue LEDs which he gladly provided. Took me about 30 minutes per side and was easily done. Interestingly enough I noticed that my 2015 85D does not have any sound dampening material underneath the plastic plate as I have seen on other installation videos online. Mine is just empty.

Also installed Norms sill plates two months ago. I asked for blue LEDs which he gladly provided. Took me about 30 minutes per side and was easily done. Interestingly enough I noticed that my 2015 85D does not have any sound dampening material underneath the plastic plate as I have seen on other installation videos online. Mine is just empty.

Any installed pics with your blue leds?