Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Limiting Autopilot on S and X with new software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received an email from Tesla, earlier advising European rules mean they have to limit the Autopilot. New software now ready to activate. I can give it a miss, perhaps, until the next one, when it will be included, for sure.

Anyone got experience of the before and after?

• Informative
Reactions: T.R.T.e.s.l.a.
It’s about EU regulations and how Tesla needs to adapt. Copy of letter here:

FCD6FCE5-B45D-42E2-AF53-F5782B9BE6F1.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: T.R.T.e.s.l.a.
Much more nagging, prepare to be annoyed.
Summon useless unless both phone and car has near perfect GPS fix. (Wait long time like a dumbass with phone in hand)

Tesla destroys its own advantages to kiss EU car industry s ass.

Yeah, AP2 has had this for ages (since the Summer, I think)

It effectively makes Navigate on Autopilot useless, and the 5 second lane-change thing makes lane changes more dangerous than they're worth.

You'll see a warning on the screen if it's trying to take a turn that's too sharp for these regs, and it just makes a shallower turn (scary)

And, yes, insistent nags to hold the wheel. It works though - I've changed my "driving on autopilot" behaviour from just touching the steering wheel when it asks, to just constantly holding the wheel. Whether or not that's a good thing is up for debate...

Overall, pretty silly regulations that actually make things more dangerous for us.

there is no news here. It's been like this for months now all over Europe.
They are simply putting it out clearly in an email, instead of "hiding" it into release notes (which do not display anymore if you have MCU1)

I have AP1 and AP2 cars. The AP1 was never affected and still work fine. I'm afraid that by this email they inform they will kill the usefullness of AP1 as well. I'll not do the update for now !

well, I have a 2019 , jun flavor of a Model 3.......recently upgraded to 40.2.1 accidentally.......now have slight ping-ponging, summons moves car about 6 feet and stops.....it back out of parking place and just stops.....very dangerous, frustrating and embarrassing when you have to run out to get car in the half way thru the summons.....

I understand people using water bottles and oranges more and more for each day with this stupid nagging, my hands hurt from the meaningless tugging on the wheel on any straight road, maybe they try to teach us a subconscious crashing method this way.