Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of Early locations countrywide for Model 3 viewing in store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to see the one in the New York City Store. Check In required if you want to sit in it. I was the only one in line but it took 10-15 min until they let me in the cordoned off area as there were 5-6 people already sitting in it and taking pictures.

Interesting that they required check in and had the car cordoned off. Got to the store at about 11am and there was no check in and you could move about the car freely. Spent about 45min with the car and receiving a tour of the interface. No more than a dozen people looking at the car and maybe 2 dozen employees helping. Press was arriving when I left.

San Jose/Santana Row has a Midnight Silver as well. Just spoke with them.

BTW when I asked what their hours were today I was told til 9pm HOWEVER if you wanted to get in the line to sit in the Model 3, the line gets really long and they are shutting it down at 7:30pm because they estimate that's how long it will take to get the last people in line through at that point!

I saw a red one in the Fremont Delivery Center’s lobby on 1/11/2018 (and it wasn’t crowded at all, probably due to the fact that almost everyone there, including me, was in the process of picking their Model 3 up). The delivery center is about 1 mile south of the factory on Fremont Blvd.

AFAAA419-F797-4041-A8EE-B58CEB331983.jpeg
488A8761-8FBB-4C85-8051-99259FF4238A.jpeg
LA - Midnight Silver
Stanford - Midnight Silver
Walnut Creek - Red
New York - Midnight Silver

Anybody know the others?

Midnight silver at Miami (Aventura Mall). VIN 3354

Reactions: C141medic
Boston: Red

I got my 2 minutes to sit it in - it was worthwhile to experience the dash.

The car in Boston has a misaligned panel next to the front passenger door - the top of the panel is noticeably about 1/8" higher than the top of the door. I didn't take a close up picture but I was surprised by it. I was too busy touching the rest of the car to even look at the VIN.

Attachments

• 20180121_141447.jpg
    20180121_141447.jpg
    355.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 20180121_143940.jpg
    20180121_143940.jpg
    389.8 KB · Views: 73
They gave me two minutes to sit in the car at Santana Row before being cattle-prodded out (I joke, but there was a line). Enough time to do a quick evaluation on how your body sits in the cockpit and that's about it. Coincidentally I fit like a glove. The seats are really good.

I need to go back and check out the backseats, but I'll wait until the excitement dies down a bit.

We went to the Walnut Creek, CA store at 11:30 AM Saturday. After a 10 min. wait we got 2 min. in the red 3. I was impressed by the driving position and forward view; it reminded me of a Porsche Boxster that I used to own. The screen was no problem as I expected. The steering wheel feel was much better than I expected. Seats were comfortable, but of course 2 min. was too little time to really tell. I hope to test drive one since I don't expect our configuration to be earlier than April.

Trying to keep One thread list together for where the car can be seen as there are many separate threads with photos, so at least people don't have to look through lots of threads and areas of the forum to see if it's near them.

Here's the New list of locations the car will be available to see in showrooms as of 10 am. today, Fri. 1/26:

San Diego
Dallas
Washington DC
Newport Beach (Fashion Island Mall) and
Scottsdale, AZ.

Already in:
Palo Alto/Stanford
Los Angeles/Century City
New York -- Manhattan's meatpacking district
Boston -- Boylston
Miami -- Aventura Mall

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: EinSV
Trying to keep One thread list together for where the car can be seen as there are many separate threads with photos, so at least people don't have to look through lots of threads and areas of the forum to see if it's near them.

Here's the New list of locations the car will be available to see in showrooms as of 10 am. today, Fri. 1/26:

San Diego
Dallas
Washington DC
Newport Beach (Fashion Island Mall) and
Scottsdale, AZ.

Already in:
Palo Alto/Stanford
Los Angeles/Century City
New York -- Manhattan's meatpacking district
Boston -- Boylston
Miami -- Aventura Mall

Just in case someone is in the Washington DC, the location is "CityCenterDC": https://www.bizjournals.com/washing...esla-to-display-new-mass-market-model-at.html

I was hoping it would be Washington DC region, which may include Tysons Corner. Oh well, I'm not driving all the way up to DC to see the Model 3 in person. Not worth the drive, the parking, and the traffic. I can wait.

Good info hoang51. Here's a bit more info on the other new locations:

San Diego - Westfield UTC -- Red Multi Coat
Scottsdale - Kierland Commons -- Red Multi Coat

Spoke with the
Dallas store and they said the Model 3 was moved to the Southlake Town Center gallery location near DWF airport (257 Grand Avenue, Southlake). Said the space was larger. BTW it's in Midnight Silver.

Newport Beach -- Midnight Silver
Washington DC -- Red Multi Coat

Last edited: