Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of sites Supercharger sites with WiFi or Starlink

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

israndy

Supercharger Hunter
Mar 31, 2016
Alameda, CA
I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread to collect the sites that have WiFi so people could look for a site on their route to get updates or stream while charging for those w/o premium connectivity:

Arizona
SiteSourceSpeedIn-car only?
EloyStarlink

California
AlamedaTeslaWiFi_MercurySlowYes
ArnoldStarLink35Mb/sNo, public, password free
BellStarLink
El PortalStarLink
MariposaStarLink
Oakland TeslaWiFi_Mercury160KbpsYes
San LeandroYes
Yermo - Sunrise CanyonStarLink

Connecticut
LisbonStarLink

Florida
Lake CityStarLink

Kentucky
LexingtonStarLink

Maine
FreeportTeslaWiFi_Jupiter

North Carolina
Rocky MountStarLink

Oregon
TigardTeslaWiFi_Mecury

Washington
LeavenworthTeslaWiFi_Mecury

Last edited:
It looks there is one. However, I agree a simple list might be handy as well.

It looks there is one. However, I agree a simple list might be handy as well.
I thought about that one but it is StarLink specific and the new Planetary named WiFi seems to be hard-lined internet, perhaps that thread could have it's title updated to indicate it's for ALL WiFi sites, but first it needs to be made a Wiki like it's title said. Just another reason we need a real Wiki for Tesla, having to ask permission to create a topic and having it ignored forever is frustrating.

Reactions: Mike1080i
Thanks Don, can you note if they are StarLink with the big antenna or are one of the new hardline connections that have a planet name like TeslaWiFi-Mercury or Jupiter
It was in the lower level of a parking structure, so my guess is that it was not Starlink. The WiFi name was TeslaWiFi_Mecury.

Screenshot_20240604-075528.png

Your car logs in automatically like it does at a service center, so you can't use it on your phone or laptop and it's typically MUCH slower than Cell unless there is no Cell service. I regularly find sites have WiFi when I try to stream Netflix and can't, so I have to turn off WiFi and then remember to turn it back on when I get home.

And thanks again Don 👆

The Supercharger in Alameda, CA (my home) has WiFi, named Mercury, and it's SUPER slow, I always turn off WiFi if I wanna stream.

The new site in Arnold, CA is a StarLink site as there is no cell service. As I posted in the Superchargers Visited thread: They put in Starlink to get data from the site back to the mothership, but for some reason they left the WiFi open to the public, no password just sign in to StarLink and you are online. 36Mb/s too. Usually they just allow the car to auto connect to the WiFi but don't provide the password so your Tesla can get on Tesla's internet but not your phone.