Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Freeport, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Gwgan

Almost a wagon
Aug 11, 2013
Maine
Trout Park parking area next to L. L. Bean has some promising construction
399D683E-EC9B-4540-ACC3-2F2B0639A386.jpeg 3B47ABF0-A304-4860-AC89-68F4F616D10B.jpeg

Sweet, I want to supercharge and be educated about trout at the same time... dang, I love Maine.
It's a nice idea in theory, but I'd probably use it for some winter round-trips, so I expect I'd just sit in the car.

As Gwgan notes, Freeport, ME is a much-anticipated location. It'll open up Midcoast Maine on US-1,avoiding I-295/I-95 to Augusta, and it'll allow better trips to Portland along the I-295/I-95 corridor. I live in Central Maine and it'd make Portland/South Portland trips easy knowing that I could hit it if necessary.

Last edited:
Great seeing the Tesla crew at the South Portland EV fair yesterday. We had quite a great lineup! Once I started giving test drives, there was a steady request for them, so I didn't get to visit much with my fellow EV owners. I agree, let's get together at the Freeport superchargers when they open!

Scott in Hallowell

Great seeing the Tesla crew at the South Portland EV fair yesterday. We had quite a great lineup! Once I started giving test drives, there was a steady request for them, so I didn't get to visit much with my fellow EV owners. I agree, let's get together at the Freeport superchargers when they open!

Scott in Hallowell

Thanks to all of you giving the test rides and drives, and especially for allowing people to drive.

I was manning the Ride & Drive (dealer cars and 2 owner cars where we didn't have a dealer) all through the event, so I didn't get a good look, but it appeared that there was a good number of cars in the show-and-tell area.

Sorry I keep missing everyone, tonight with be the first time in two weeks I've been home for more than 24 hours. On the upside I'm going to make Hilton Diamond status this year. My contact at LL Bean says there will be 4 supercharger stalls, 4 public charging stalls. She says the plans are for them to be available in 3 weeks but that seems optimistic to me.

Freeport, ME

Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-1
Along Auxiliary Interstates: I-295*

Neighbors:
Augusta, ME (I-295,I-95): 40.7 miles in 40 minutes
Seabrook, NH (I-295,I-95,NH-107): 82.8 miles
Hooksett (north), NH (i-295,I-95,NH-101,I-93): 117 miles
Lincoln, NH (I-295,I-495,I-95,u,ME-237,u,ME-114,u,ME-113,US-302,NH-113,NH-112): 108 miles
Magog, QC, Canada (ME-136,u,ME-9,u,ME-11,ME-119,ME-26,ME-232,US-2,ME-26/NH-26,US-3,VT-114,VT-141/QC-141,QC-112): 173 miles
Drummondville, QC, Canada (ME-136,u,ME-9,u,ME-11,ME-119,ME-26,ME-232,US-2,ME-26/NH-26,US-3,VT-114,VT-141/QC-141,QC-147,QC-143,QC-A410,QC-A10,TCH,QC-143: 221 miles

Useful for round trips from Central Maine to Portland.
Useful people driving US-1 along the coast.
Useful for trips in colder weather traveling from central and eastern Maine to central New Hampshire, avoiding a large Seabrook, NH diversion.
Very happy if this construction is a Supercharger.

* I-295 is I-95BYP if you're heading to Augusta, ME or points north. Saves miles, time and tolls.

Sorry I keep missing everyone, tonight with be the first time in two weeks I've been home for more than 24 hours. On the upside I'm going to make Hilton Diamond status this year. My contact at LL Bean says there will be 4 supercharger stalls, 4 public charging stalls. She says the plans are for them to be available in 3 weeks but that seems optimistic to me.
I'm surprised at only 4 supercharger stalls. Did your contact have any more details on the other 4 stalls? L2/L3? L2 amperage (if L2), etc?

She didn't but is looking into it for me. Even though I'll rarely use it I'm excited to have a quick charge option for the occasions when I need it but I fear icing will be a real problem in this lot.

Perhaps there's a bit of confusion and they mean the common 1:1 split of Tesla Charging and 30 Minute parking. Tesla pairs the spots so that if everyone plays nice Tesla owners will get the full rate.